Issues with MODX.com REST API

Hey everyone on this thread. We have pushed an update that should fix the vast majority of issues. Can everyone undo their hotfixes (auto_check_pkg_updates back to Yes) to see if we have any remaining issues? If so, can you PM @opengeek your server’s IP address so we can dig further into your issue?

Thanks!

1 Like

@elizabeth There still seems to be a problem with the Gallery extra on MODX 3.

1 Like

@elizabeth The same problem (as with the Gallery extra) occurs for the MODX Dark Theme extra on MODX 3 (Version = 0.0.0: Released = 1970-01-01):

2 Likes

I’ll look into this to help take some off your guys’ & gals’ plate. HUGE steps forward were made in the MODX 3.x.x releases. Understandable that some things may have been overlooked. Will report back soon with my findings.

@elizabeth The package getDate in MODX 2.x also can’t be downloaded and shows a Version of 0.0.0 and a release date of 1970-01-01.

Also, maybe the default sort could be adjusted. Currently a search for “ace” shows the desired package (that exactly matches the search term) only in 8th place:

getDate is marked as breaking at 2.8, so it is not supported in the version of MODX you are in. I’m looking into the problem of search returning the 0.0.0 version data when it does not match supported versions. I’ll also look into the sorting.

I believe this is wrong. We’ve been using this extras for years now (on current MODX versions of the 2.x branch) and never had problems.

Also, the Gallery extras should work with MODX 3. The necessary changes were made.

Any idea what happened to the SitemapFriend extra?

It’s technically correct, but there was apparently a big misunderstanding in presenting the “breaks_at” field to extras authors. If it “breaks at” 2.8, that would exclude 2.8 from being supported. However, the form for submitting extras presented the breaks_at field using the words “supports up to” which would be inclusive. We will need to adjust some extras to solve this misunderstanding.

1 Like

There is no extra called SitemapFriend in the repository that I can see.

That said, I can see it in the old MongoDB data. It seems some invalid data prevented it from being migrated. I’ll try and diagnose it and see if I can resolve it.

2 Likes