after a long absence, I have now resumed the development of GoodNews. For the upcoming release I will take care of the necessary adjustments for the current MODX versions. The deprecated code parts will be updated and issues that have been pending for some time will be fixed successively.
MODX 3 will also be a major topic!
Please stay tuned and watch this thread for further informations!
Thread subscribed! Thanks!
A new version of GoodNews 1.6.0-pl is now online and available via MODX extras provider!
The new version is built for MODX 2.3+
[1.6.0-pl] - 2020-05-18
- Added link_tag_scheme to GoodNewsGetNewsletters Snippet
- Added help buttons in GoodNews resources (container, mailing)
- [#66] Updated controllers to remove deprecated use of modAction
- Updated installer and package builder to remove deprecated use of modAction
- Changed GoodNews help URL (new docs site)
- [#79] Allow password placeholder to be used in GoodNewsSubscription snippet
- Removed fileuploadfield.js utility (already included with MODX > 2.3)
- Removed mgr.css (no longer needed with MODX > 2.3)
- Removed legacyMode
- Removed deprecated use of modAction in js files
- Fixed page header in mailing editor
- Fixed undefined variable notice in cron.php
- Fixed some old ExtJS legacy code for resource panels (GoodNewsResourceContainer, GoodNewsResourceMailing)
- [#65] Fixed group names of subscribers groups surrounded by spans
I was looking for something that appeared to do exactly what you’ve created. I’ve upgraded my site to MODX 3 and installed the extra via Package Management. Unfortunately it wouldn’t completely install and in the extras panel showed as Not Installed.
Problem was that my resource tree suddenly disappeared.
I removed the extra completely via the Package manager and even purged it but the issue still persists.
If I click on the Extra menu the GoodNews.desc icon comes still and the GoodNews directory is still in the Components directory even though it was supposed to be deleted.
The error I get is:
(ERROR @ /home/cyadmin/public_html/core/components/goodnews/model/goodnews/goodnewsresourcecontainer.class.php : 27) PHP warning: require_once(/home/cyadmin/public_html/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
/home/cyadmin/public_html/core/components/goodnews/model/goodnews/goodnewsresourcecontainer.class.php exists but there is no such file as modprocessor.class.php in the core/model directory.
So I’m thinking that maybe in MODX 3 the modprocessor.class.php file has been moved/removed which could be the issue.
Any ideas? I’d like my Resource tree back
Maybe try deactivating the GoodNews plugin (in the “Elements” tab or maybe directly in the database table
Yes in MODX 3 the files are now in
Thanks… I’ve tried doing this but the same problem remains. I’ve disabled in the Elements tab and I’ve checked the DB to ensure it’s been disabled but the Resource tree still doesn’t show and I can’t for the life of me remove all the Goodnews artefacts from the system, even if I try deleting manually via the Modx interface.
Not being able to see the resource tree is my major problem at the moment as the client can’t add or update anything
Any other suggestions?
EDIT: I’ve found a similar issue discussed here: Error while loading resource tree MODX 3 · Issue #335 · modxcms/Collections · GitHub but it appears to be fixed so I’m thinking the GoodNews plugin changed something fundamental when installed.
It looks like GoodNews adds itself to the system setting
extension_packages. Maybe this is the problem. Try removing it.
Also try deleting the cache (directory
core/cache), if you haven’t done that.
That was the fix… thanks for your help with that! Hope I can reciprocate some time