No front end in 2.7.3

After updating to 2.7.3 the front end is not loading anymore.

The site is on a virtual machine. After updating to 2.7.3 the front end does not show up anymore. I can normally login in manager, phpMyAdmin, and use BobRay’s cache clear without a template. The site is build with the Flexibility template. I updated from 2.6.5 over 2.7.0 to 2.7.3. There is also a clone from the virtual machine with 2.6.5 and here the front end is visible, with some problems with gallery. Using site check show no errors. Site is https://ceciliahandel.nl cache cleared umpteen times, compared all config settings nginx.conf from 2.6.5 and 2.73 there no differences. In the nginx error log I get time-out and missing favicon errors.

Hopefully somebody has an answer.

Environment

MODX version 2.7.3,
NGINX 1.18.0-1,
MariaDB 10.4.13

If you skipped 2.7.0, that could be your problem.

I didn’t skip 2.7.0.

What’s your PHP version?

Forgot to mention for both 7.4.5 Also tried 7.1

One possibility is a plugin that doesn’t play nice with the new MODX version. You can disable the plugins in the modx_site_plugins table in the DB.

No success. Disabled all plugins one by one cleared cache every time.Front end didn’t show up. Every time a nginx message site not available. Sources not loading. In 2.6.5 clone same plugins,

Have you tried looking for a PHP error log aside from the nginx log?

This is in the php error log:

[22-Jul-2020 17:43:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imap.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/modules/imap.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/modules/imap.so.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/imap.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
[22-Jul-2020 17:43:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mcrypt.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/modules/mcrypt.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/mcrypt.so: undefined symbol: php_error_docref0), /usr/lib/php/modules/mcrypt.so.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/mcrypt.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
[22-Jul-2020 17:43:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mysql.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
[22-Jul-2020 17:43:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'openssl.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/modules/openssl.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/openssl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/modules/openssl.so.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/openssl.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
[22-Jul-2020 17:43:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'phar.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/modules/phar.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/phar.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/modules/phar.so.so (/usr/lib/php/modules/phar.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
[22-Jul-2020 17:43:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Looks if I am missing some extensions.

That could certainly cause issues, though I’d expect lacking server requirements to also affect the manager. None of those listed server modules seem crucial to me.

Just to isolate if it’s a server or MODX issue, can you try placing an info.php file in the root of the site with just this contents:

<?php
phpinfo();

… and see if you can request that properly?

No problem I see: php version 7.4.5, already tried that. Manager is also no problem only slow login. Also I can go to phpMyAdmin and mail.ceciliahandel.nl roundcubemail and postfixadmin. I tried your Sitedash for a month ( I am searching for a solution for weeks now) there where no issues also none on BobRay’s site check.
Today I tried to upgrade 2.6.5 to 2.7.0 on the clone using BobRay’s upgrademodx to see what happens and this seems to give the same problem.Upgrade failed because of an unexpected { in core/config/config.inc.conf

That error suggests the core/config/config.inc.php file got corrupted; restore that from backup and you should be good to go. You’re not seeing that on the one that’s on the live domain though, are you?

On the clone I put a config.inc.php file from a backup and I am able to access manager again. The front end is now on the clone also not visible. I noticed trying to upgrade the clone setup showed 2.5.8 in manager I saw 2.6.5 so reinstalled 2.6.5 using the old way copying the files. After that the front end was gone and there where al lot of errors in the error log. The log looked if it showed the complete site with the error: ERROR @ /srv/http/cecilia/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 452) You should not call uncached elements inside cached!
I presume on the live domain happens the same with less extensive errors. Also I noticed the config.inc.php file are not the same on the clone and the live domain.

Saw the solution for the error.

A new problem showed up. Going to components installer the page is empty.

I’ve seen that caused by a leftover cookie in the browser cache. Try visiting with your browser in private or incognito mode.

I’ve also seen cases where it took quite a while for the grid to fill in.

1 Like

Thank you working again! Page is rendering add ons show up after refreshing the page.

I’m glad you got it sorted. :slight_smile:

Hope I am able to sort out the site also!