Modx 3 - Minishop2 making manager blank

Hi. I am trying Modx 3.0.1 locally with Modx 3 compatible Extras and found that Minishop2 is making Manager completely inaccessible.

Fresh install of Modx 3.0.1

Installed Minishop2 and boom!(Could not install package) After refresh, Manager goes blank.
To make manager working again, I have to manually delete the Minishop2 folder from core/components.
Also there are no db tables related to the extra.

Modx version 3.0.1
Minishop2 version 3.0.5

[2022-06-20 20:49:32] (ERROR @ /app/modx3test1/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 472) Path specified for package minishop2 is not a valid or accessible directory: /app/modx3test1/core/components/minishop2/model/
[2022-06-20 20:49:32] (ERROR @ /app/modx3test1/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 666) Could not load class: miniShop2 from minishop2
[2022-06-20 20:49:32] (ERROR @ /app/modx3test1/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1267) Problem getting service miniShop2, instance of class miniShop2, from path 
PHP warning: require_once(/app/modx3test1/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Install failed with Error in /core/components/minishop2/processors/mgr/category/create.class.php:3: Failed opening required '/app/modx3test1/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')
Could not install package with signature: minishop2-3.0.5-pl
Attempting to install package with signature: minishop2-3.0.5-pl
Package found...now preparing to install.
Grabbing package workspace...
Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...

Same problem here, install pdoTools Ok, but minishop2 breaks MODX.

PHP warning: require_once(/domain.ch/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Installation failed with Error in /core/components/minishop2/processors/mgr/category/create.class.php:3: Failed opening required ‘/domain.ch/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php’ (include_path=‘.:/opt/php8.1/lib/php’)
Could not install Package with Signature “minishop2-3.0.6-pl”.
Trying to install Package with Signature minishop2-3.0.6-pl
Package found … Preparing Installation.
Accessing Package-Workspace …
Workspace-Environment prepared, installing Package …

1 Like

Hi,
just from this

applied and verified:

• pdoTools installed
  • pdoTools active
  • added pdoTools to onMODXInit (which setup didn’t do)

and at least it didn’t crash the manager. So I could check the logs, I did see many of the first and last message, and the central block:

Skipping vehicle object of class modChunk (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [name] => tpl.msEmail.cancelled.user )
Attempting to preserve files at /home/…/components/minishop2 into archive /home/…/core/packages/minishop2-3.0.6-pl/modCategory/410fd82b01e8071d843ebb1016174bd4.0.preserved.zip
Attempting to preserve files at /home/…/core/components/minishop2 into archive /home/…/core/packages/minishop2-3.0.6-pl/modCategory/410fd82b01e8071d843ebb1016174bd4.1.preserved.zip
PHP warning: require_once(/home/…/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Installation failed at /core/components/minishop2/processors/mgr/category/create.class.php:3: Failed opening required ‘/home/…/core/model/modx/modprocessor.class.php’ (include_path=‘.:/opt/php8.1/lib/php’)
Could not install package with signature “minishop2-3.0.6-pl”.
Trying to install package with signatur minishop2-3.0.6-pl
Package found … preparing installation.
Accessing package-Workspace …
Workspace-environment prepared, installing package …
Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => mgr_tree_icon_mscategory )

Because of that I did look at this: /core/components/minishop2/processors/mgr/controller/create.class.php

and I see modprocessor, but for MODX3 shouldn’t this be …Processor?
require_once MODX_CORE_PATH . ‘model/modx/modprocessor.class.php’;
require_once MODX_CORE_PATH . ‘model/modx/processors/resource/create.class.php’;

Is there any installation switch to install minishop3 for MODX3, or anyone having an idea, whats going wrong?

1 Like

I believe Minishop2 is just not yet compatible with MODX 3.

I couldn’t find any mention of MODX 3 in the changelog and this post (from april) about the Minishop2 3.0.0 release states

Поддержки MODX3 еще нет.
(There is no support for MODX3 yet.)

and

Собственно теперь после этого релиза я займусь поддержкой MODX 3.
(Actually, now after this release, I will take care of MODX 3 support.)

There was a working version. It was working on modx3 before 2-3 updates. I can confirm because I installed my self. Its strange.

Thank you for your hints, didn’t notice changelog, but thought I read about some successful installs, at least that seems confirmed :smile: