Formit saved forms not working in Revo 2.7.2

Hi - noticed that Formit Stored Forms fails to appear when working on Revo version 2.7.2.
Formit version is 4.2.3

Just get a blank screen when attempt to view saved forms data…?

Web dev tools error console throws error:

ext-all.js:21 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'request' of undefined
at constructor.execute (ext-all.js:21)
at constructor.load (ext-all.js:21)
at FormIt.grid.Forms.MODx.grid.Grid [as constructor] (modx.grid.js:115)
at new FormIt.grid.Forms (forms.grid.js:45)
at Object.create (ext-all.js:21)
at S.createComponent (ext-all.js:21)
at S.lookupComponent (ext-all.js:21)
at S.add (ext-all.js:21)
at S.<anonymous> (ext-all.js:21)
at Object.each (ext-base.js:21)
2 Likes

Anyone any ideas on the issue with this?

Just updated formit to version 4.2.5 and still get this issue.

Just in case, it might be helpful if you share your Formit call.

That being said, I’m just facing the same issue on a site, where I can’t get FormitSaveForm to work, although I have another site where it works just fine with seemingly the exact same setup (with Formit 4.2.5).

Formit is nothing special - have pasted it below for reference though. This is all working fine on a clone of the site running MODx REVO version 2.6.5 with formit version 4.1.0 where it all works fine!

[[!FormIt?
   &hooks=`recaptchav2,spam,email,FormItSaveForm,ContactForm_RedirectHook,redirect`
   &store=`1`

&emailTpl=`ContactForm_emailChunk`
&emailTo=`XXX`
&emailBCC=`XXX`
&emailFrom=`XXX`
&emailFromName=`From Name`
&emailSubject=`Details of contact form enquiry`
&redirectTo=`247`

&formName=`Contact Enquiry Form`
&fieldNames=`contactForm_Name==Name,contactForm_Email==Email Address,contactForm_Phone=Phone Number,contactForm_Enquiry==Enquiry` &validate=`contactForm_Name:required,contactForm_Email:email:required,contactForm_Phone:required,contactForm_Enquiry:required`
]]

Not sure its anything to do with the formit call as the issue is the fact that the actual saved formits module in MODX fails to load - the form data all seems to send ok.

Is this a PHP 7.2 issue…?

1 Like

bump… anyone any ideas on this??

1 Like

@ vibedesign - Did you manage to find a solution for this?

I’m sorry but I haven’t…

All I can say is that I have a different working site with Formit 4.2.5 and PHP 7.2.27

this seems very odd…

1 Like

Bump… Anyone any ideas on this???

1 Like

I just setup another form last week, which didn’t send any emails but only saved the submitted entries via FormItSaveForm also without a problem under PHP 7.3.15 and FormIt 4.2.5.

Maybe just go ahead and try build the form from scratch again? That’s what I do in those cases… Also try not to copy things, but type them out again in case there’s typos somewhere. You can also try to just get the FormItSaveForm working on its own, like I have with this call:

[[!FormIt?
    &hooks=`spam,FormItSaveForm`
    &successMessage=`Submission saved!`
    &validationErrorMessage=`An error occurred. Please check your entries.`
    &submitVar=`submit`
    &validate=`name:required,
      date:required,
      category:required`
    &formName=`Submission`
    &formEncrypt=`1`
    &formFields=`name,date,category`
    &fieldNames=`name==Name,date==Date,category==Category`
]]

I’m having a very similar issue to yours.

My website was migrated between domains, my formit started throwing a 500 error when you try to fill it out. This was a COMPLETELY fresh install of Modx and I’m receiving issues. The only error I get is when I try to submit a form and it says POST 500 and then gives me the same error type as you, but saying RequestContent instead of ‘request’

I’m currently downloading my entire site just to search for that little tiny bit of code.

Fresh modx install, everything is new, no idea whats going on. I suspect DNS or cPanel. Might nuke DNS. I have no idea whats going on.

Are you guys using SMTP to send out or just PHPMail?

I’m using the default and I don’t remember setting up any smtp, so I’m assuming its php

May be that. I use SMTP so I’m not seeing any issues.

Using SMTP as well. My provider even changed something recently where non-SMTP mail sends won’t work anymore. But again, this shouldn’t matter if you test an “only-save” call like I have mentioned above.

1 Like

Agreed - original post is not anything to do with SMTP issues - its to do with formit Save not working

Oh, I only skimmed through it because this was one of the few pages on google with this error type.

Well dang, I’m gonna look into using SMTP if possible

Yeah, re-read again. I thought he might be getting an error with mail send. Sounds weird, I haven’t seen that happen.