Can only use CK editor after installing revo 2.8.3

Hi!
After installing revo 2.8.3 I can only use the rich text editor CKeditor
I have tried with Ace and also the new TinyMCE rich text editor.

My manager field is blank with only html code.

Please help me:-)

Thank you.

I also had problem with previous version since **TinyMCE Wrapper, was stuck in the system setting when i changed to a new rich text editor. This seems not to be the problem now but how knows.

Thank you again .

Are there any JS errors in the console of the developer tools of your browser or PHP errors in the MODx error log?

What exactly do you mean by that? What is the “manager field”? How can something be blank and also contain code?

Hi. This is what I see in the manager. Only html without a richtext editor.
The only one that works now is CKeditor.

See error messages:
[2021-10-06 13:08:27] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2021-10-06 13:08:38] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1235) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2021-10-06 13:08:38] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.

These error messages are just unrelated deprecation warnings.

This is weird! 2.8.3 is out now for some months and I haven’t seen any problems with rich text editors.

• Are the system settings which_editor and use_editor set correctly?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the rich text editor extra?
  • Is this a new MODx installation or an update?

Hi !
I have installed 2.8.3 . I previous had 2.8.1
I have reinstalled the extra many times now. empty the cache / core/ cache folder.
In the system setting under rich text editor I have the following information now.
See picture

• Have you checked the console of the developer tools of your browser to make sure that there aren’t any javascript errors?
  • Is the plugin “TinyMCE Rich Text Editor” active and running on the events OnManagerPageBeforeRender, OnRichTextBrowserInit, OnRichTextEditorInit and OnRichTextEditorRegister?

Dear Halftrainedharry!
I am so grateful for your help. My skills with Modx is basic. Sorry.

• Have you checked the console of the developer tools of your browser to make sure that there aren’t any javascript errors? = I am note sure where to find this information. The website works fine but the modx manager is not as you can see :slight_smile:
    Where do I find OnManagerPageBeforeRender , OnRichTextBrowserInit , OnRichTextEditorInit and OnRichTextEditorRegister ?

Thank again

It depends on the browser you are using, but normally you can open the “developer tools” with F12 or Shift + Ctrl + I. Then check the tab “Console” for errors.

In the MODx manager on the left side select the tab “Elements” and scroll down to the vertical tab “Plugins”. Then select the plugin “TinyMCE Rich Text Editor” (in the folder with the same name) and make sure the checkbox “Inactive plugin” is unchecked . Change to the tab “System Events” (for this plugin) and make sure the mentioned system events are checked .

Hi!

All the four system events are checked

And I cant find any errors. The website is www.grandtripsweden.se

I seem to have the same problem with another web that I have not installed revo 2.8.3. ( now 2.8.1) When I install the new plugin tinyMCE everything goes blank. ( not html, no richtext editor at all works ) So strange.

I found this error on my other site:
Uncaught TypeError: $(…).sequence is not a function
at HTMLDocument. ((index):185)
at o (jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2)
at Object.fireWith (jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2)
at Function.ready (jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2)
at HTMLDocument.B (jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2)
(anonymous) @ (index):185
o @ jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2
ready @ jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2
B @ jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2

“TinyMCE Rich Text Editor” doesn’t use jquery, so this error has to be from something else.

So you are saying, that the problem is probably not the current version of MODx but the current version of “TinyMCE Rich Text Editor”? Version 2.0.3 is fairly new (like 5 days) and maybe there is a bug in this version. I tested it on my installation though, and it works fine.

What version of “TinyMCE Rich Text Editor” did you use before the update that worked?

Maybe you can try to install an older version to make it work again.

Hi!
I have tried to install older version without success. I think the TinyMCEwrapper plugin makes the issue.
If I delete this extra it will still be found in the system setting for the rich text options. Something must still be left
How can I remove information from this plugin in an easy way?

Thanks again

When i tried uploading an older version Tinymce 1.3.4 i got a 500 error in the system settings
/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 644) Could not load class: TinyMCERTE from tinymcerte.
[2021-10-07 09:47:01] (ERROR @ public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1248) Problem getting service tinymcerte, instance of class TinyMCERTE, from path public_html/core/components/tinymcerte/model/tinymcerte/

When i tried to upload tinymce 2.0.0 I can not see this at all as an option in the system setting for rich text editors. I get this error messages:
[2021-10-07 09:50:27] (ERROR @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 644) Could not load class: TinyMCERTE from tinymcerte.
[2021-10-07 09:50:27] (ERROR @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1248) Problem getting service tinymcerte, instance of class TinyMCERTE, from path /public_html/core/components/tinymcerte/model/tinymcerte/
[2021-10-07 09:50:28] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1235) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.

The only rich text editor that work is CKeditor for the moment.

Is the plugin of the extra “TinymceWrapper” still running? Check in the tab “Elements” → vertical tab “Plugins” if there is a plugin with the name “TinymceWrapper” (in a folder with the same name) and deactivate it ( Inactive plugin) if it’s still active.

I am sorry but there is not information here. Can it be the databas? Is there something that is making this not working?

This is weird. The list of editors in the system settings is generated by invoking the event ‘OnRichTextEditorRegister’. There is nothing in the database (to my knowledge).

Can you open the system settings (cog wheel icon in the top menu), then change to the tab “System Events” (in the same page) and check which plugins run on the event ‘OnRichTextEditorRegister’ (use the “Search by event name…” filter).

This is what is says:

And you can still see the option “TinymceWrapper” in the list of editors for the which_editor system setting?

How exactly to you delete extras?
Do you go to “Extras” → “Installer” in the top menu and click the “Uninstall” button of the extra in the list?