Can only use CK editor after installing revo 2.8.3

I have now reinstalled revo 2.8.1 again.

Error messages is:
[2021-10-07 12:24:01] (ERROR @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 644) Could not load class: TinyMCERTE from tinymcerte.
[2021-10-07 12:24:01] (ERROR @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1247) Problem getting service tinymcerte, instance of class TinyMCERTE, from path /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/components/tinymcerte/model/tinymcerte/
[2021-10-07 12:24:02] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2021-10-07 12:24:02] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2021-10-07 12:24:02] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2021-10-07 12:24:02] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.

The error 644 and 1247 is alot of.

TinymceWrapper was gone before I did a reinstallment. It is now back again. For the moment this is the only working richtexteditor.

Then I normally uninstall I use the uninstall button. I have also forced removal. Today I also when by the file system and removed under Packages/ tranport.zip packages.

I am getting very frustrating :slight_smile: Is there a way to share screens (team viewer?) since I really do not know what to do next?

Does the file /core/components/tinymcerte/model/tinymcerte/tinymcerte.class.php exist?

Yes the file exist.

For the moment I have
TinyMCE wrapper
TinyMCE rich text editor 2.0.3
and Tiny MCE installed as extras for rich text editors.

If i change in the system setting rich text editor from lets say TinyMCE wrapper to TinyMCE r2.0.3 and save. the settings will automatically go back to the TinyMCE wrapper setting.

Yes, “TinymceWrapper” (quite aggressively) reset the value of which_editor each time the plugin runs. Deactive the “TinymceWrapper” plugin ( Inactive plugin) or change the property activateTinyMCE of the plugin to No.

So why can’t it load the class then? Does this file exist core/components/tinymcerte/src/TinyMCERTE.php?

I have now deactive the plugin . It now disapears from the menu

The file exist.

still no luck.

Dear [halftrainedharry]
Thank you for all your help. Do you have any recommendation for me. Shall I start a new forum topic with the name TinyMCE RTE ?

Rickard

Do you have the option to create a brand new MODx installation on the same environment? It may help to figure out whether there is a general problem with TinyMCE RTE (on this environment) or whether there is just something “broken” in your current installation.

If there is a general problem, then please communicate the specifics of the environment (like PHP version etc.)

Do you still get these error messages: “Could not load class: TinyMCERTE from tinymcerte.”?

Make sure that the file /core/components/tinymcerte/model/tinymcerte/tinymcerte.class.php has the correct file permissions (0644) and the correct content.
Somehow the loading of this class fails. There is an off-chance that there is a problem with the autoloader (but this topic is above my head).

There is usually a PHP error log file (independent from MODx) somewhere on the server. (The exact location depends on the server setup). Maybe you can check this error log (if you find it) and see if something useful is in there.

In general, I’m running out of ideas and I’m afraid I can’t help you.

You could try that and maybe someone else (who is put off by this rather long thread) has a better idea.

Thank you again. I will get help from the MODX support team next week.
I got an error log from my internet supplier . Seems I have a lot of PHP errors.
I have now made a backup again since I got an http 500 error. This happened when I removed TinyMCE

[Sat Oct 09 15:14:18.708817 2021] [lsapi:error] [pid 1612891:tid 139794683922176] [client 188.149.95.249:0] [host www.grandtripsweden.se] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/components/tinymce/tinymce.class.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear’) in /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/9.include.cache.php on line 21\n, referer: Inloggning | Hyr herrgård och villa [Sat Oct 09 15:14:20.576148 2021] [authz_core:error] [pid 1612891:tid 139794516068096] [client 2001:67c:750::7:0] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/private_html/core/docs/changelog.txt

This error message looks like the plugin for TinyMCE was still stored in the cache and tried to execute a php file that was already deleted.

Sometimes it helps to clear the cache manually by deleting all the files in the folder core/cache/. Or you could use the extra “CacheClear” for this purpose:

it’s best to turn off “log_deprecated” in the system settings so that these notices don’t fill up your log. They’re notices, not errors, so it will be easier to see real errors without these.

Ditto on clearing the entire cache manually.

I also wonder whether the file permissions are messed up on your files. Some files won’t be opened if they don’t have the right permissions on them (files should be 644 and folders 755).

The modx support helped me. I had files missing in the TinyMCERTE assets directory . I do not know how this happened. Now everything is working again. Thank you Profile - snowcreative - MODX Community and halftrainedharry for all your help.

Best regards Rickard :innocent: :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.