VersionX - reset

Hi

I would like delete all the data currently stored by VersionX for a site I am developing. The database has grown quite large. I saw in this old post that Mark planned to add this feature to a new version. I can’t seem to find any reference to it though. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I have a feeling I am missing something really obvious!

1 Like

Gee, has that really been 7 years?

The feature request is here. The snippet on that old thread may still work, or you can clean up the tables via the database.

There’s a proposed patch here which keeps the last X versions, however I’m not satisfied with a naive approach of just deleting everything older than 11 versions, because someone with malicious intent would just make a 1-character change 10 ten times and VersionX just lost record of the last valid version. No matter the number you set it to, it’s just super easy to work around if someone wants to cause harm.

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt reply @markh . I am glad it wasn’t just the being unobservant! I think I will look at how to do it directly using phpMyAdmin.