Uploading site to production server issues

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

I’m uploading my MODX site from my Windows machine to a Linux machine. After editing the config file with the different Linux values, I get a white screen. dev tools shows me a 500 server error. I enabled error logging in PHP, reloaded the site and there is no more 500 server error. If I disable it, I get the 500 server error back. Not sure why and it seems strange that error reporting would need to be on in order not to get a 500 error.

There is nothing in the error_log at all. Even the 500 server errors don’t show up in the log. I made certain the Apache config is pointing to the right error_log file so I won’t miss anything. I’m starting to think that MODX is generating the 500 error from its codebase instead of Apache.

Is there anything I am missing here to get the site operational on Linux? I’ve given the proper permissions to the core directory so 'm not sure where to look to trace this out. Can someone lend a hand?

Thanks

I’ve uploaded a fresh copy of MODX and installed it. It seems to be working so I will use that copy and move my template over. Thanks for looking everyone. Merry Christmas!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.