Sticky Site Content

I’m brand new to MODX Revolution.

I believe I’m using version 3 but not entirely certain. I downloaded it last week so it’s probably the latest one. I’ve looked in the manager but don’t see the version there either.

I am planning to use MODX as a blog and would like to know if I can make one of the posts sticky. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how to do it, or point me to some documentation.

Thank you!

You can see the version in the manager in the top left corner beneath the logo. The current version is 3.0.2.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 22-21-55 Dashboard MODX Revolution

It should be possible to make a post sticky.
How to do it exactly depends on how you set up your blog and how you output the posts.

Thank you Harry. I see it now. It’s 3.0.2-pl. It’s small so I missed it.

If you use getResources to output the posts you could for example use the tplFirst property to define a different markup for the first post. Or alternatively use the placeholder [[+idx]] to determine if it is the first post.

Or you could probably just use CSS to target the first item in a list of posts and make it sticky.

Also, in another post you mentioned that you use use the extra “Quip” for the blog.
I don’t think that “Quip” works with MODX 3.

Thanks for that, Harry! I’ll remove it. I was just following the docs and if I remember correctly, it gave 4 recommended external libraries to load for a blog. Maybe it has something to do with the other issue I’m having?