SOLVED::Babel and TV links not working

Modx 3.0.1-pl
PHP 7.4.30

I have just got Babel working (in that I can switch between languages) by using this tutorial: Creating multilingual MODx websites using Babel | Inside Creative

However I can’t get the TV sync to work. I have added my TV’s to the System Settings

I have manually cleared the cache multiple times.
These TV’s were added after installing Babel.
Also when I click on Babel via the Extras tab there is nothing displayed in the grid even though I have both contexts in place - should this grid be populated with the context resources?

I also get the following errors pointing to a path issue (?) on the duplicated language resource for the gallery (resource 15 that uses the TV lightGallery.config, a migx tv)…

[2022-07-06 12:24:43] (ERROR @ /home/www/public_html/core/components/phpthumbof/model/phpthumbof.class.php : 156) [pThumb] Resource: 15 || Image: (none)
File not found: /home/www/public_html/images/IMG_0867.jpg  *** Skipping ***
[2022-07-06 12:25:12] (ERROR @ /home/www/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 666) Could not load class: modFileHandler from modfilehandler
[2022-07-06 12:25:12] (ERROR @ /home/www/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1267) Problem getting service fileHandler, instance of class modFileHandler, from path 
[2022-07-06 12:25:12] (ERROR @ /home/www/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 666) Could not load class: modFileHandler from modfilehandler
[2022-07-06 12:25:12] (ERROR @ /home/wwwl/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1267) Problem getting service fileHandler, instance of class modFileHandler, from path 

My final issue is that I am unable to Save any changes to any resources. The Save button is inactive no matter what I do. I can use the Quick Edit and Save though

Thanks for any help or pointers.

In the description it says to insert a “list of ids of template variables”. So maybe try the IDs instead of the TV names.

Yes it should be populated.
When you open the “Network” tab of the developer tools in the browser, there should be an AJAX-request to .../assets/components/babel/conn/mgr.php with the action-parameter mgr/resource/getMatrixList. What is the response of this request?

Is this related to the Babel extra? Did it work before you installed Babel?

Thanks for responding @halftrainedharry.
I can see the request in the Network tab for /assets/components/babel/conn/mgr.php with action “mgr/resource/getMatrixList”

Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 10.11.40 copy
In the Console tab the response reads “success: false” so wonder if that’s an indication?

And yes, I was able to Save resources before installing Babel. Although uninstalling it doesn’t seem to make any difference. I can still Save using the Quick Edit option.
TV’s using ID’s don’t appear to be synchronised either.
My next move will be to roll back to a version before installing Babel and start again.


The “requested processor” that is “not found” is the file core/components/babel/processors/mgr/resource/getmatrixlist.class.php. Does this file exist?

I did a quick test with MODX 3.0.1 and Babel 3.1.1-pl but couldn’t reproduce any of your problems.

Thanks again.
I restored a backup and started again.
This file does exist core/components/babel/processors/mgr/resource/getmatrixlist.class.php .

The language switch works fine on the frontend. The duplicated resources are also working and TV’s copied across. I had to change the Media Source for each TV in order for the path to be correct for display in the frontend.
There is still nothing being populated in the Babel extra itself when accessed from the Extra’s menu.

However this is not imperative for me as long as the TV content is duplicated.
I have one error being logged referencing the file mentioned above:
[2022-07-07 12:21:15] (ERROR @ /home/wwwmysite/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php : 1784) Unable to load processor for action "mgr/resource/getMatrixList", it does not exist as an autoloadable class that extends \MODX\Revolution\Processors\Processor, and also not as a file in "/home/wwwmysite/public_html/core/components/babel/processors/mgr/resource/getMatrixList.class.php"

Thanks again

I think the problem is with the difference in upper-case/lower-case letters in the file getmatrixlist.class.php.
(I tested it on a system that is case-insensitive, so I didn’t get an error.)

Maybe try changing this line in the code


action: 'mgr/resource/getmatrixlist',

(or alternatively changing the file name to getMatrixList.class.php)

1 Like

Changing that line to lowercase has sorted the issue.
You’re a genius, thanks so much.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.