I’ve recently upgraded my shared hosting account to a resellers account.
Unfortunately my host has encountered problems with the migration bit.
The splitting of the core and public files has resulted in real issues my end.
There was much back and forth during which time…
All my sites went down
I temporarily reverted to the shared platform
Each site was again re-allocated its dedicated CPanel on the reseller platform.
All well and good on the front end now.
But now I’ve lost access to the backends.
When I attempt to run ‘setup’ I get as far as the ‘Installation Summary’ page which shows the bottom three entries thus:
Checking if /home/user/public_html/mysite/ directory is writable: Failed!
Checking if /home/user/public_html/mysite/manager/ directory is writable: Failed!
Checking if /home/user/public_html/mysite/connectors/ directory is writable: Failed!
I have checked permissions and core paths. All appear good.
I found this article from 2011, but decided against acting on it on account of its age and assumption that that particular bug would have been crushed by now.
In fact, on further reading, it indeed has been.(addendum)
When I run ‘test_config.php’ I get
Incorrect path to core
which seems obvious and yet is a mystery.
re Reseller platform:
It appears my host has adopted public_html as the root for each sub account
home/site-name1/public_html/assets, connectors, cgi-bin, manager
home/site-name2/public_html/assets, connectors, cgi-bin, manager
home/site-name3/public_html/assets, connectors, cgi-bin, manager
Re previous shared platform:
Each site had its differentiating container folder
public_html/site-name1/assets, connectors, cgi-bin, manager
public_html/site-name2/assets, connectors, cgi-bin, manager
public_html/site-name3/assets, connectors, cgi-bin, manager
so when on the resellers platform, in effect does away with a folder…
specifically the container folder.
I don’t know if this is common practice with hosting or even significant,
but it seems paths are at the heart of this problem.
My host is still onto it, but I was hoping (in the nicest possible way) others have encountered a similar situation.
Any pointers would be useful I’m sure.
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6