I’ve been using articles on some websites for a while, I am sad to see it hasn’t been updated in ages .
For the people who doesn’t know it or never used it, articles was the first blogging system for modx revo ( correct me if I am wrong ).
I was thinking of updating the plugin and give it some love. But my knowledge is limited, I am designer, not a developer (shame on me ).
A while ago I updated the default theme for Bootstrap 4 on my own repo: https://github.com/carlo-13/Articles
Below are the things that would need to be done to make articles better:
- Update to bootstrap 4.3 by default ( that can be done easily with my repo )
- Replace Quip with Tickets
- Replace GetResources with PdoTools
- Add support for Recatpcha ( V2 and V3 )
Other features I was thinking about:
- Wordpress like built in roles for blog (https://wordpress.org/support/article/roles-and-capabilities/)
- Test if wordpress import still working
- Prepare articles for Modx 3
The thing is:
Who is responsible for updating the plugin ?
Is there any developer out there, willing to give articles some love ?
Of course, this is an open source plugin, so don’t expect to be paid.
On the other hand, it could be a way to bring more people to use modx.