Quip Second comment not showing

Cannot seem to get quip working properly, reinstalled bitnami modx and using latest quip version 2.3.4

[[!Quip? &thread=`[[*id]]`]]
[[!QuipReply? &thread=`[[*id]]`]]

This is my snippet call.
Managed first comment but cannot post second comment!

Do you get any errors in the front-end or the MODX error log when trying to post a second comment? I’ve not heard of behavior like that before.

This is my error log(a lot is repeated so not all of it)

[2020-10-22 17:52:04] (ERROR @ /opt/modx-2.8.0pl-0/apps/modx/core/model/modx/modx.class.php : 1031) `` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()
[2020-10-22 17:52:04] (ERROR @ /opt/modx-2.8.0pl-0/apps/modx/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 1452) Error 23000 executing statement:
INSERT INTO modx_quip_comments (thread, parent, author, body, createdon, approved, approvedby, name, email, website, ip, deleted, deletedby, resource, idprefix, existing_params) VALUES (‘3’, 0, 1, ‘second new comment’, ‘2020-10-22 17:52:04’, 1, 0, ‘Dale’, ‘dale.e.wemyss@gmail.com’, ‘’, ‘::1’, 0, 0, 3, ‘qcom’, ‘’)
Array
(
[0] => 23000
[1] => 1062
[2] => Duplicate entry ‘0’ for key ‘parent’
)

Did you update to 2.3.4 or is this a new install?

New install with bitnami and fresh install of quip, ace, pdotools and tinyMCE rich text editor

They mention it’s 2.3.4 in the opening post too. I think @joshualuckers you updated the models to v1.1 in that release right?

Looking at the schema a bunch of indices for foreign key fields seem to be listed as unique, e.g. https://github.com/modxcms/Quip/blob/b8f94fe917fe8f7bbed09a8a87f84775d19aff75/core/components/quip/model/schema/quip.mysql.schema.xml#L71

Perhaps that got converted wrong?

I hope to have time to fix it this weekend, if someone else can provide a fix faster then me that would be great!

This is beyond me at the moment, I am just getting my head around css and javascript. Do not know mu ch about php and databases.

If you install the older version, 2.3.3 it should work. I hope to release a fix soon.

Thanks very much, can you explain how to get threading? Do I have to create a separate resource with template?

A fix is available in version 2.3.5.
Please let me know if the documentation is helpful: https://docs.modx.com/current/en/extras/quip/index#threaded-comments

I have read this but do not understand.
do I create a new resaurce with these calls in in the content or the template?
Do I use the id of the page where the thread is?
Single comments are working now, so thanks for your hard work.

Ok I have got threading working now, so this is brilliant.
Now for some tweaking!

1 Like