Quip reply to thread showing "unapproved" for parent comments

It’s me again, having issues with Quip :grimacing:

I have enabled threaded comments and like it should be I can reply to a comment which works fine. However as soon as I reply to a reply of a comment I end up with only the very next reply showing but the thread parent shows no name and unapproved. This continues if I add another reply (to a reply of a reply) I only can see the very next comment in the chain upwards:

Screenshot

Moderation is currently turned off by the settings in Articles although I’m not sure if those settings are used here as the reply form is called outside of Articles by this call:

[[!Quip?
   &tplComment=`myQuipComment`
   &nameField=`name`
]]
[[!QuipReply]]

If that is the issue, how can I deactivate moderation outside of Articles? I couldn’t find a respective property in the docs for the [[!Quip]]-call. I know there’s &moderate for the [[!QuipReply]] but this is set to 0 by default and also doesn’t help if added in the call here.

Also I’m having a few errors showing up in the log when I act around the comments in the frontend:

(ERROR @ [path]/core/model/modx/modx.class.php : 1031) `` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()
(ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ [path]/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
(ERROR in xPDO::getService @ [path]/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.

// these directly refer to the quip namespace:

(ERROR in modMenu::getSubMenus @ [path]/core/model/modx/modmenu.class.php : 145) modAction support is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Support for modAction has been replaced with routing based on a namespace and action name. Please update the extra with the namespace quip to the routing based system.
(ERROR in modManagerRequest::prepareResponse @ [path]/website/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php : 187) modAction support is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Support for modAction has been replaced with routing based on a namespace and action name. Please update the extra with the namespace quip to the routing based system.

Thanks alot for any help!

@alipang Could this issue be related to the removed code here?

I’ve tried putting it back, but still no change. Just wanted to ask again, as you probably know the code quite well at this point…

commit -> 598ca259316e6b093aee1779756eefdc87b95474

should be all needed.

I never really understood the code. There were some variables in the controller that I didn’t know where they were coming from. Combined with the fact that large blocks should have been deleted long before, and that MODX separates things to follow a pattern, it was a real headache to trace where things happen. I would like to help, but don’t have the energy.

1 Like

Some more thoughts on this, anyone? Really appreciate any help…