Possible to apply output modifier to NewsPublisher placeholder?

I need to switch a taglister call based on the autotag tv field presented within a NewsPublisher form.

In the chunk used by NewsPublisher to present auto-tags, [[+npx.fieldName:is=this:then=that]] doesn’t output anything (there are ticks around the modifier values – they’re removed by preformatting style). I’ve tried this cached and uncached.

The placeholder on its own outputs the value I seek to use as the modifier condition.

Bob’s NP page says: “The npx. prefixes are used internally by the snippet…”

Is it possible to apply an output modifier to this type of placeholder?

Use 2 consecutive backticks at the start and the end (`` text with ticks ``) and then you should be able to make the backticks visible.

I don’t think so. From what I can tell Newspublisher replaces [[+npx.fieldName]] in the template with a simple str_replace without using the MODx parser. You can include snippets in the template, but they are execute before the value of [[+npx.fieldName]] is set.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.