phpThumbOf causes fatal error

Hey, I have the following problem - just updated the site to MODX 2.8.3-pl and get this error:

Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /homepages/22/d893002607/htdocs/new-mjs/mjs/core/model/phpthumb/modphpthumb.class.php on line 248

When I remove/uninstall phpThumbOf the site comes up fine though without image resizing functionality of course. Since it’s not a small site I’d prefer to just have it back instead of having to look for another Extra or resizing images.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue? What could be the problem? Please help!

What’s your PHP version?

What is the code in the file core/model/phpthumb/modphpthumb.class.php on line 248? Exactly like this?

This error comes from a MODx class, so switching to another extra probably won’t help.

It’s my client’s account at ionos (ex 1and1)… you asked about php version, so I looked up - it was 5.4 :slight_smile: Changed to 7.4 re-installed phpThumbOf - works like a charm.

Thank you, as simple as it was… I couldn’t figure out.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.