PHP warning: require(): Unable to find the wrapper "phar" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

I’m working on updating a site that’s a few versions behind. I used sitedash to update all the extras. Most of them updates as expected.

BackupModx did not update and is now uninstalled.
Guzzle7 now appears in the grid also uninstalled. The UpgradeModx widget shows a message to install Guzzle.

When I attempt to install them they fail with this message.

PHP warning: require(): Unable to find the wrapper “phar” - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

I have no idea what this means or how to get past this.

Modx 2.8.1
PHP 7.4.1 (there is no option to upgrade this…I know…)
Ipage Hosting

This hosting company is not great and I plan to ask my client to move to a better service but for now I’m stuck with them.

Any idea what’s going on?

I’m a bit confused.
When does the warning occur? When you try to install the extra “Guzzle7”?

You said, that you uninstalled “Guzzle7”. So the installation worked, when it was installed as a dependency of “UpgradeMODX”, but now it doesn’t anymore?

The errors occur during the installation as the various messages scroll through the dialogue box. Then installation stops.

I didn’t install guzzle. I used site dash to update all the extras. When that was finished, guzzle was in the grid uninstalled.

I’m thinking this got installed as a dependency during the upgrade of the UpgradeModx extra. Hence the message in the dashboard I mentioned.

The extra “Guzzle7” contains a file “composer.phar” to install the dependencies.
It seems that your PHP configuration is missing the “Phar” extension.

When you go to “Manage” → “Reports” → “System Info” in the manager, and click the “view” link in the line “phpinfo():”, is there any mention of “Phar” in the phpinfo?

There is no mention of Phar on the phpinfo. I guess I’ll have to contact the hosting tech support to have it configured.

Thanks for your help.