Parent category in Wayfinder not showing

Hello everyone,

Not sure if i’m doing everyting correct.

I have next hierarchy

Home

• Category 1
    • Subcategory1
    • Subcategory 2
  • Category 2

I have this piece of code

<ul class="catalog-group-type_tablet">
	  [[Wayfinder? &startId=`1992` &level=`1` &rowClass=`catalog-group-tablet_item` &rowTpl=`left_menu.item` &outerTpl=`left_menu`]]
	</ul>

I’m creating menu.

Since my parent ID is 1992 and is showing Everyting inside Category 1 (Subcategory 1, Subcategory 2). But additionally, i want to show Category, so users will have possibility to easier to return to the parent page.

So the menu will look like:

Category 1 || Subcategory 1 || Subcategory 2

I’m stuck(

It’s no totally clear to me what you are trying to do.

Maybe you can try changing the &startId property to the id of your resource “Home” and also changing the &level property to 2 ( &level=`2` ).

If that is not what you want, then maybe you can achieve it by creating a weblink-resource inside “Category 1” that points to “Category 1”.

Or maybe you can just set the property &displayStart to 1 (and perhaps add a custom template with &startItemTpl).

[[Wayfinder? &displayStart=`1` &startId=`1992` &level=`1` ...]]

Thanks for the help,

Maybe you can try changing the &startId property to the id of your resource “Home” and also changing the &level property to 2 ( &level=2 ).

Worked great

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.