Out Of The Blue: Error: Cannot use object of type MODX\Revolution\modX as array

Summary

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the manage says this:

An error occurred…

Error: Cannot use object of type MODX\Revolution\modX as array

Errors:
/home/public_html/core/cache/mgr/smarty/default/77e23dbf5c7e172f89bc924929dacd5fa878f151_0.file.updates.tpl.php:40
Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(object) in /home/public_html/core/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php:114
Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(object) in /home/public_html/core/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:216
Smarty_Internal_Template->render(boolean "", integer "0") in /home/public_html/core/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:238
Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute(object, NULL, NULL, NULL, integer "0") in /home/public_html/core/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:116
Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(string "dashboard/updates.tpl", NULL, NULL, NULL) in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/Smarty/modSmarty.php:158
MODX\Revolution\Smarty\modSmarty->fetch(string "dashboard/updates.tpl") in /home/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.updates.php:93
modDashboardWidgetUpdates->render() in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modDashboardWidgetInterface.php:81
MODX\Revolution\modDashboardWidgetInterface->process() in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modDashboardWidget.php:134
MODX\Revolution\modDashboardWidget->getContent(object) in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modDashboard.php:122
MODX\Revolution\modDashboard->render(object, object) in /home/public_html/manager/controllers/default/welcome.class.php:109

• WelcomeManagerController->process(Array
    (
    )
    ) in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modManagerController.php:178
  • MODX\Revolution\modManagerController->render() in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modManagerResponse.php:114
  • MODX\Revolution\modManagerResponse->outputContent(Array
    (
    )
    ) in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modManagerRequest.php:173
    MODX\Revolution\modManagerRequest->prepareResponse() in /home/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modManagerRequest.php:143
    MODX\Revolution\modManagerRequest->handleRequest() in /home/public_html/manager/index.php:60

Im trying to clear the cache folder but it wont remove anything. Folder permissions are ok (755)

I notice when I refresh the manager, it will quickly show “Type StatusAction Modx”

Environment

ModX3.0.1

• solution: I tried to remove cache, but files werent removing. So I had to log in SSH and run “perms” to fix permissions. then removed cache and All better now.