New error after UpgradeMODX run

On a site I just wanted to upgrade (to 2.8.5) with UpgradeMODX Extra I’m getting this message when I try load the manager page:

Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘:’, expecting ‘{’ in …/core/components/upgrademodx/vendor/symfony/deprecation-contracts/function.php on line 23

Can I do something to bypass loading the UpgradeMODX Extra? Or other recommendations?

The site fronted fortunately is running okay. Thanks!

Günter

If the problem is the UpgradeMODX widget on the start page of the manager, then maybe you can go directly to the “Dashboards” page of the manager (URL = .../manager/?a=system/dashboards/) and remove the widget from the dashboard.

Great! This helped to get in and remove the widget from the dashboard. Thanks a lot!

Do you use a very old version of PHP?
Maybe you should update that.

One more question. This is a MODX 2.6.5 Site to be updated to 2.85 - it still is running on PHP Version 5.6.40 (older client, she just came back to me …). Which version of UpgradeMODX may work here? Thanks again. And yes, PHP version should be changed to 7.4 for the moment, I assume.

The cause of the error you posted above is the PHP version.
The current version of UpgradeMODX likely still works on MODX 2.6.5, if the PHP version is changed.

If MODX 2.6.5 itself doesn’t run with PHP 7.4, then you may have to upgrade manually.

https://docs.modx.com/current/en/getting-started/maintenance/upgrading

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.