Moving site: 503 error

I moved a site to a different domain, changed the paths in:
config.core.php
manager/config.core.php
connectors/config.core.php
core/config/config.inc.php
Changed the database login, htaccess, etc.

Uploaded the Setup dir, but it gives me a:

Error 503

Site temporarily unavailable; missing dependencies.

This message gets output when the file core/vendor/autoload.php can’t be found.
If this file exists, then probably the path to the core folder in your config files is still wrong.

autoload.php is in place.

The path to the core folder is also correct. Database name and password double checked.

The setup folder gives the 503 error, but if I try to access the Homepage, it gives an empty page.

The setting MODX_CORE_PATH in the file “config.core.php” (in the root directory) is the one that gets used for the setup.

The setup script aborts before these settings are used.

Are you sure the setup files are from the exact same version of MODX as the other files? Is the core in the web root and is the setup directory in that same directory?

Is it possible that there’s an .htacess rewrite rule that would affect setup or the autoload path?

My bad, the path to the folders was not correct. Subdomain in combination with an exotic hosting made me got lost.

I’ve been there. :wink:

Thanks for reporting back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.