MODX3 setup error

Hi there,

I have a client who insists their site is hosting with 123reg.
I had already created the site on my server so zipped up the files and saved the DB and uploaded it to the new 123reg webspace.

But having problems running the setup - I get this error:\

# Error 503

Site temporarily unavailable; missing dependencies.

I can’t work out what’s causing this - is it a MODX3 issue, or a hosting issue do you think?
I’ve used 123reg before on 2.8.x sites, without an issue

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andy

This message is output if the file core/vendor/autoload.php is missing.

I always find 123reg awkward to use - some control panels are very old and simply do not work. Having said that, make sure the path to your core folder is specified correctly and that the core isn’t outside root. After that, check permissions.

Thanks - yes the path to core is correct, and it’s inside of the root.
Will check permissions and revert back.

123reg are a pain!

Permissions are fine - all folders are 0755 and all files are 0644 as per all my other sites.
All i can think of is the path isn’t what I’m expecting it to be with 123reg?

I have it set to:

/home/accountidnumber/public_html/core/

But cannot think it would be any different to this.

Found this in the error log - not sure if it’s relevant:

[31-Jul-2023 09:20:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/home/accountidhere/public_html/core/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/accountidhere/public_html/index.php:29
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in /home/accountidhere/public_html/index.php on line 29

Might be worth double checking the path using the following code in a file called something like path.php. Delete it when you’re done

<?php
echo 'The absolute path to this directory is <br><b>'.realpath(".").'</b>';
?>

Well - you got it didn’t you!

The account name was sent to me, but they had transposed a ‘1’ with a lowercase ‘l’.

Your method confirmed what i couldn’t see on screen!!!

Thanks so much for the suggestion - that is useful snippet to know.

1 Like

I find myself using it very often - especially with 123reg. Don’t forget to delete it. Glad you got it sorted.

yes have deleted it - thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.