MODX Revo 3, Error 500 if i try to set TV at any Template

Hello,
I’ve updated to MODX 3 from MODX 2.8.3. Everything working goed. But work pages with TV.
If i unset all TV’s - the page work fine.

I’ve tried to create any fresh testTv (text input), have coupled with new Template - error 500.

Logs are empty, don’t know how to catch this error, i use a2hosting.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Grts,
Anton

What log files did you check?
500 errors are written to the PHP log file and not to the log file in MODX.

Hi,
I’ve catchen an error!

Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/fullpathblabla/core/cache/includes/elements/modx/revolution/modplugin/14.include.cache.php on line 1

What is your plugin with the ID=14?

It was plugin ImagePlus, i’ve removed them.
Now if i try to open open Homepage - i get error page with error 404.
If i try to open any page with any TV then i get server error 503 or random collection of errors:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/blablafullpath/core/src/Revolution/modX.php on line 2521

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/maxmg/development/celestialmekaniks/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/Om/xPDOQuery.php on line 878

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/***/core/src/Revolution/modSessionHandler.php on line 121

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/***/core/src/Revolution/modX.php on line 2695

If i try to add new (fresh) TV with “File” and “Image” - i get blank page.
Other types of TV’s are working correct.

update: added errors

The error your seeing almost always means that you have a circular reference. An example would be a chunk named MyChunk that contained this tag: [[$MyChunk]]. When you visit a page with that chunk tag, the chunk keeps loading itself over and over until the available memory is filled and the error is thrown.

Does one of your TVs, include something that might include itself in the process?

Also, it might help to watch the Network tab in dev. tools when loading a problem page.

Hello Bob,
Nope, it’s normally TV (file or image). Other TV’s are working correct. Same problem with 2 websites.
Any idea?

But if i make TV input (image or file) clear - i can to load the page. If i fill TV with any file - error or blank page.

The problem is only with enabled the option pdotools_fenom_parser is enabled. With disabled option I can to see non-parced page with raw output like “{$_modx->resource.content}”.

The problem has been solved: [MODX3] pdotools_fenom_parser + tv.image приводят к Fatal error: Allowed memory size · Issue #329 · modx-pro/pdoTools · GitHub

That’s definitely a circular reference, though obviously not your doing. :wink:

2 Likes