MODX Manager Login does not open backend

MODX Manager Login does not open backend. After pressing the login button it launches the website home page.

After Clearing the Browser cache as well as clearing the Core Cache items the behavior persists.

Pressing the Manager Login button does not launch the backend interface it launches the website homepage. Tried on multiple browsers, same result.

Revo version 2.7.2pl
Apache 2.4.55
Php 7.4.33
MySql 5.6.51cll-lve

Can you clarify what you mean by the “Manager Login button”? This sounds like it may be something specific to your site rather than core-provided, unless I’m misunderstanding.

Perhaps provide a screenshot of what you’re looking at?

Modx-login

After you tried to login and got redirected to the frontend, is it then possible to visit other sites of the manager directly when you use an URL like https://yoursite.com/manager/?a=resource/update&id=1 or https://yoursite.com/manager/?a=system/settings?
Is the problem only the manager welcome page (https://yoursite.com/manager/)?

Oh, that does look pretty standard. Huh. Does it still log you in and let you access the manager if you manually navigate to /manager/ afterwards?

Yes, I was able to access the system setting page by manually navigating to it per your instructions.

How do I restore the manager welcome page?

Go to .../manager/?a=system/dashboards and remove the widgets from the startpage.
(Especially the “Config Check” widget generates problems lately. Although I don’t know why yet.)

Then test if it works again.

That seems to have restored it. Thank you both very much.

Are there any related PHP errors in the server error log that you could share?
I’m still trying to figure out why this widget suddenly breaks for some of the sites.

Here is the error log. I had deleted the cache files in an attempt to resolve the problem.

[2023-03-01 15:48:41] (ERROR @ /core/model/modx/modcachemanager.class.php : 349) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/en/core/resource
[2023-03-01 15:48:42] (ERROR @ /core/model/modx/modcachemanager.class.php : 349) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/en/core/namespace
[2023-03-01 16:34:47] (ERROR @ /core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 644) Could not load class: GalleryAlbumsMediaSource from mysql.galleryalbumsmediasource.
[2023-03-01 16:36:01] (ERROR @ /core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/26.include.cache.php : 123) PHP warning: exif_read_data(4.jpg): Incorrect APP1 Exif Identifier Code
[2023-03-01 17:11:08] (ERROR @ /core/model/modx/modcachemanager.class.php : 349) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/en/core/resource
[2023-03-01 17:33:58] (ERROR @ /core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/26.include.cache.php : 123) PHP warning: exif_read_data(4.jpg): Incorrect APP1 Exif Identifier Code
[2023-03-01 17:55:39] (ERROR @ /core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/26.include.cache.php : 123) PHP warning: exif_read_data(110.jpg): Illegal IFD size
[2023-03-01 17:55:39] (ERROR @ /core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 541) Could not find snippet with name Gallery.
[2023-03-01 17:55:39] (ERROR @ /core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 541) Could not find snippet with name Gallery.

Thanks.
I was more interested in the server error log and not the MODX error log.

Other users who had problems with the “Config Check” widget reported that the “Installer” site (manager/?a=workspaces) doesn’t work correctly as well. Is that the same on your site?

That is correct. That workspaces link does not work.
I’ll work on getting the server log files.

What is the best way to share the server log with you?

If you have live access to the server log, then please share the error message that gets added to the log when you visit /manager/?a=workspaces or open the welcome page with the “Config Check” widget (if anything gets added at all).

The problem seems to be cURL related. So maybe you could search the log file to see if there are any recent messages mentioning “curl”.