MODX and FRED. Hugs

We’ve all had our bad days, but today is one of those days where I’m getting hammered from every angle by many different stakeholders and clients all asking for impossible changes and crazy functionality.

And I literally had to pause after this and come over here and give MODX a virtual hug.

It never ceases to amaze me how much can be done on this best-kept secret, amazing platform of ours. I really am dumbfounded by the number of times I have to explain to other developers and builders what “MODX” is and why they should be using it.

Is it a good thing that we have less attention than Wordpress? Would a bigger crowd “ruin” this with bloated extras and too many voices and make us a bigger target for hacks? I can’t say. Maybe?

Whatever. Thanks once again to the MODX developers - each and every one. I’m extremely grateful that I don’t have to slog through Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla bullshit ever again.

#nevergoback

17 Likes

I’m with you there. I’m regularly showered with requests from clients wanting some sort of new, custom, something or other in some place on their website, and ask if it can be done. The answer is just about always “yes” with MODX.

3 Likes