MODX 3.0.3 and SEO Suite 3.1.1-rc4

Hello,

Instead of going through the arduous process of upgrading from MODX Rev 2.8.4, I chose to do a fresh install with MODX Rev 3.0.0.
In that process, I lost the ability to use some of the Extras, such as fastfield and SEO Suite.
I found Bob Ray’s ShowTV extra, used that to replace fastfield, and created a chunk to replace SEO Suite.

Today, after upgrading to MODX Rev 3.0.3, I noticed a new version of SEO Suite (3.1.1-rc4) is available. I installed it and, as before, used MODx tags in the Social tab on the Resources page so that the admin user doesn’t have to copy what they put in the Document tab into the Social tab.

After replacing the chunk tab in the template with [[SeoSuiteMeta]] in the template, I get:

<title>&#91;&#91;*pagetitle&#93;&#93; - &#91;&#91;++site_name&#93;&#93;</title>
<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />
<meta property="og:description" content="&#91;&#91;*description&#93;&#93;" />
<meta property="og:image" content="https://x------------x.org/assets/bfi-assets/images/open-graph/bfi-fb-opengraph.webp" />
<meta property="og:image:alt" content="&#91;&#91;*longtitle&#93;&#93; - &#91;&#91;++site_name&#93;&#93;" />
<meta property="og:title" content="&#91;&#91;*longtitle&#93;&#93; - &#91;&#91;++site_name&#93;&#93;" />
<meta property="og:type" content="website" />
<meta property="twitter:card" content="summary" />
<meta property="twitter:creator:id" content="@&#91;&#91;++twitter&#93;&#93;" />
<meta property="twitter:image" content="https://x------------x.org/assets/bfi-assets/images/open-graph/bfi-tw-opengraph.webp" />
<meta property="twitter:image:alt" content="&#91;&#91;*longtitle&#93;&#93; - &#91;&#91;++site_name&#93;&#93;" />
<meta property="twitter:title" content="&#91;&#91;*longtitle&#93;&#93; - &#91;&#91;++site_name&#93;&#93;" />

I’m not an expert on MODx, but I can usually figure my way around and come to the forums often for fixes to any issues I might have. However, I’ve not found any for this problem.

I don’t know where to start fixing this problem other than just not using MODx tags in the Social tab.

Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix?

Thanks for your help.

I’m 97% sure you’re experiencing one of these 2 parser issues that we identified in 3.0.1/3.0.2 and were meant to be included in 3.0.3, so try applying the fixes (see files tab) to your site:

The fixes were meant included in 3.0.3 but it appears they were overlooked.

The fastField syntax is also integrated into the extra pdoTools. So you could use that as well.

I applied the fixes, but the issue wasn’t resolved.

That’s a shame, it does really sound like those issues! Tried clearing the cache after making the changes as well?

How are you calling it exactly, any nested tags or conditionals going on?

I always clear the cache after making any changes.

I’m entering the tags into the fields on the Social tab to populate the Facebook and Twitter Open Graph metas.

This only happens when I put [[SeoSuiteMeta]] into the template. If I remove it, I have no issues.
I think that it might just be an issue with the SEO Suite extra.

I tried the fastField syntax, and it worked.

Thank you.

I tested it on a fresh installation (MODX 3.0.3, SEO Suite 3.1.1-rc4) and wasn’t able to reproduce this issue.

Is there maybe a plugin that interferes? Somewhere the square brackets [ ] have to be converted to &#91; and &#93;.

Do the chunks tplMeta, tplMetaSocial etc. look ok?