Migxdb create tables not working

Hey everyone! I have come back to modx after a few years of clients wanting all of their sites built in wordpress, hah!

I am attempting to rebuild a few of my websites in modx and need to use migxdb to create some customized functionality. Everything seems to be going great and then I realized that i wasn’t able to save anything when trying to add entries. After looking into it a bit it appears that the database tables were never created. The folder structure gets created and schema saves and parses, but I dont get a “success” message when i choose “create tables”.

Any initial ideas on what could be causing this would be super helpful.

When you open the developer tools in the browser (tab “Network”), is there an error message in the response of the AJAX-request when you click the “create tables” button?

Are there any relevant errors in the MODX error log?

It looks like I am getting a connector.php error in the developer tools and in modx error log i get this

[2022-09-24 06:16:14] (ERROR @ /home/runcloud/webapps/anthonybalke-modx/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 666) Could not load class: modFileHandler from modfilehandler
[2022-09-24 06:16:14] (ERROR @ /home/runcloud/webapps/anthonybalke-modx/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1267) Problem getting service fileHandler, instance of class modFileHandler, from path 

Which version of MODX? Is it MODX 3.x.x?

The version i am using is Modx 3.0.1-pl

This part of MIGX doesn’t work in MODX 3, yet.
There is a possible fix from @halftrainedharry
Enable basic Package Manager functionality for MODX 3 by halftrainedharry · Pull Request #401 · Bruno17/MIGX (github.com)

which I hadn’t time to test, yet.

Ahh ok, i will give that a try. Glad I wasnt doing something wrong hah.

Looks like this did allow me to add the tables, however I am still getting the same connect.php issue when I try to save an entry into the database.

Did you use the new version="3.0" for your schema?
Did you use the fully qualified class name in the configuration?

Maybe you also have to apply these pull requests:

In general, it’s currently probably a better idea to create your class files on a MODX 2.x installation and then move them to MODX 3 if you want to use MIGXdb.

MIGXdb on MODX 3 (with the new schema and the namespaces) is pretty much untested.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I will give this all a try this evening. Luckly, none of this is for a current client project so I have lots of time to fiddle with it and fail :stuck_out_tongue:

I was rereading your last comment and am curious if you think I should stick with Modx 2.x until MIGXdb is fully supported. At least for client/production projects?

That might be the better option, if you need MIGXdb fully working.
Currently, I don’t have a production project running on MODX 3.x
So, personally, I’m not in a hurry, yet.

Sounds good! Totally understandable. I will play around with 2.x for now. Thanks for the advice and help! Everything seems to be working exactly as I intended after going to the older modx version.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.