Login no longer possible after migration to new host

Summary

Login no longer possible after migration to new host. (MODX 2.8.1)

We have migrated a MODX site to a new account (according to manual).
In the meantime I even migrated the site several times.
After the migration the login to the manager is not possible anymore.
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 09.03.54

I have also reset the password several times via the database (according to the manual), but this makes no difference. So I’m 100% sure, the password is correct.

Any ideas, what this could be?

Are there any errors in the MODX error log?

Yes, there are:

[2023-01-23 11:05:55] (ERROR @ xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
Array
(
    [0] => 42S22
    [1] => 1054
    [2] => Unknown column 'modUser.createdon' in 'field list'
)

[2023-01-23 11:05:55] (ERROR @ xpdoobject.class.php : 543) Error 42S22 executing query: SELECT `modUser`.`id` AS `modUser_id`, `modUser`.`username` AS `modUser_username`, `modUser`.`password` AS `modUser_password`, `modUser`.`cachepwd` AS `modUser_cachepwd`, `modUser`.`class_key` AS `modUser_class_key`, `modUser`.`active` AS `modUser_active`, `modUser`.`remote_key` AS `modUser_remote_key`, `modUser`.`remote_data` AS `modUser_remote_data`, `modUser`.`hash_class` AS `modUser_hash_class`, `modUser`.`salt` AS `modUser_salt`, `modUser`.`primary_group` AS `modUser_primary_group`, `modUser`.`session_stale` AS `modUser_session_stale`, `modUser`.`sudo` AS `modUser_sudo`, `modUser`.`createdon` AS `modUser_createdon`, `Profile`.`id` AS `Profile_id`, `Profile`.`internalKey` AS `Profile_internalKey`, `Profile`.`fullname` AS `Profile_fullname`, `Profile`.`email` AS `Profile_email`, `Profile`.`phone` AS `Profile_phone`, `Profile`.`mobilephone` AS `Profile_mobilephone`, `Profile`.`blocked` AS `Profile_blocked`, `Profile`.`blockeduntil` AS `Profile_blockeduntil`, `Profile`.`blockedafter` AS `Profile_blockedafter`, `Profile`.`logincount` AS `Profile_logincount`, `Profile`.`lastlogin` AS `Profile_lastlogin`, `Profile`.`thislogin` AS `Profile_thislogin`, `Profile`.`failedlogincount` AS `Profile_failedlogincount`, `Profile`.`sessionid` AS `Profile_sessionid`, `Profile`.`dob` AS `Profile_dob`, `Profile`.`gender` AS `Profile_gender`, `Profile`.`address` AS `Profile_address`, `Profile`.`country` AS `Profile_country`, `Profile`.`city` AS `Profile_city`, `Profile`.`state` AS `Profile_state`, `Profile`.`zip` AS `Profile_zip`, `Profile`.`fax` AS `Profile_fax`, `Profile`.`photo` AS `Profile_photo`, `Profile`.`comment` AS `Profile_comment`, `Profile`.`website` AS `Profile_website`, `Profile`.`extended` AS `Profile_extended`, `UserSettings`.`user` AS `UserSettings_user`, `UserSettings`.`key` AS `UserSettings_key`, `UserSettings`.`value` AS `UserSettings_value`, `UserSettings`.`xtype` AS `UserSettings_xtype`, `UserSettings`.`namespace` AS `UserSettings_namespace`, `UserSettings`.`area` AS `UserSettings_area`, `UserSettings`.`editedon` AS `UserSettings_editedon` FROM `modx_users` AS `modUser` LEFT JOIN `modx_user_attributes` `Profile` ON `modUser`.`id` = `Profile`.`internalKey` LEFT JOIN `modx_user_settings` `UserSettings` ON `modUser`.`id` = `UserSettings`.`user` WHERE `modUser`.`username` = ? ORDER BY `modUser`.`id` ASC  - Array
(
    [0] => 42S22
    [1] => 1054
    [2] => Unknown column 'modUser.createdon' in 'field list'
)

And there is no “createdon” column on “modx_users” :thinking:
After creating that column, I can finally log in. :tada: Thank you!

Did you run Setup on the new site? If not, you may have other problems as well.

Whether you did or not, I’d recommend installing UpgradeMODX and running it from the Manager Dashboard to upgrade to the current version of MODX 2. That will run setup for you and update all the MODX files.