Login Extra - Register snippet field validation errors not showing when defining &errTpl

I’m using the Login extra and I’m currently working on setting up the forgot password part, which is handled by the ResetPassword snippet:

[[!ResetPassword? 
  &loginResourceId=`6`
  &forceChangePassword=`true`
  &changePasswordTpl=`password.new.form`
  &expiredTpl=`password.reset.expired`
  &errTpl=`cstErrTpl`]]
// cstErrTpl chunk
[[+msg]]

This snippet is called after a reset link was generated and when clicked on, shows the change password form like intended (I stripped some irrelevant parts):

[[!+logcp.error_message:notempty=`
  <div class="alert-danger">[[!+logcp.error_message]]</div>
`]]

<form class="form" action="[[~[[*id]]]]" method="post">

<input type="password" class="form-control" name="password_new:required" id="password_new" value="[[!+logcp.password_new]]" />
  <span class="text-danger">[[!+logcp.error.password_new]]</span>

<input type="password" class="form-control" name="password_new_confirm:required" id="password_new_confirm" value="[[!+logcp.password_new_confirm]]" />
  <span class="text-danger">[[!+logcp.error.password_new_confirm]]</span>

<button class="btn" name="logcp-submit" type="submit"> [[%login.change_password]] </button>
</form>

Now, when I trigger the submit while the form contains any errors (e. g. empty fields, not matching, pw too short, etc.) there is NO logcp.error_message (the big alert above the form) showing and the error messages under the faulty fields will be just cstErrTpl (the custom name of the &errTpl chunk).

When I remove the &errTpl property which makes it default to

<p class="error">[[+msg]]</p>

everything works fine, alert is showing as well as proper field validation error messages. All except that I would like the logcp.error_message not to be wrapped in a p tag.

Also I dug a little through the code and from my understanding the &errTpl property defines only the logcp.error_message (the alert) and has nothing to do with the field errors. But somehow this chunkname still ends up as the content of the field errors.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

MODX 2.8.5
PHP 8.2.4

I can’t reproduce this behavior. Everything seems to work correctly, when I test it.

Btw, the current Github repository is this one:

1 Like

Hmmm… weird. Any different ideas what could cause this? Why would the field validation errors display a property value?

Whoops… should have checked the dates. Thanks!

No, no idea at all.

Maybe you could log the values here to see if that gives you more insight.