How to set timezone in MODx

The timezone in my dashboard for user logins is 4 hours off. How do I set timezone to be for my region?

1 Like

Never used it by myself, but there is a “date/timezone” setting in the system-settings available. Hope this helps…

1 Like

I found and entered US/Pacific… but then the dashboard stalled and would not load. Also erased recent login activity.

1 Like

Hm…maybe it has to be named like a term over here:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php
I
'm not quite familiar with timezones…

Another possible option might be to edit the php.ini-file (or create one in your root folder if it doesn’t exist) with your desired timezone-setting.

1 Like

I don’t think US/Pacific is correct.

See the list here.

As suggested, you may also need to set a timezone in php.ini in the MODX root directory (you can create the file if there’s isn’t one there already).

2 Likes

Thanks Bob. I’ll give that a try.

1 Like

FYI, the format for the line in php.ini is:

date.timezone = "America/Los_Angeles"

Also FYI, SiteCheck will test to let you know if the various date/timezone settings match.

1 Like

Thank you Bob. I just got SiteCheck. So I would change this in the ini file… not in the manager system settings?

1 Like

It’s just important that they match. It shouldn’t matter which you change, but since you’re having trouble, I’d make sure there’s a php.ini file with the correct setting.

1 Like

Yahoo… America/Los_Angeles worked! Timezone in the ini was UTC. In System Settings, timezone, value, I entered America/Los_Angeles. Now date for manger actions is accurate to my location, and the ini timezone value also updated. Thanks Bob. I very much appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

I’m glad you got it sorted. :slight_smile:

1 Like