I have a 2.8.4 MODX site using Xrouting to handle contexts as folders and SEOSuite to manage redirects. This is on a new redesigned site, people are attempting to use old urls for the previous site.
I am having trouble with some 404s returning the following message:
Page not found
The page you requested was not found.
Instead of directing to the correct 404 page for the context (each context has a error_page setting). I have been able to use SEOSuite for 301 redirects for the most important pages. But I want the 404s to use the correct pages which offers search and has information about the old and new site.
I found that all my contexts settings were correct but the main system settings error_page was set to a page I had marked as deleted. I had created a new error page for 404s. I always use resource ID 404 for my 404s.(as a joke) It was still pointing to resource ID 214 which I had deleted.
You are an amazing asset for the MODX community, I learn so much all the times I read your posts to my and others issues. Great Job
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.