Googledrivemediasource

I have removed the extra googledrivemediasource but in the error log I am still very often getting the message:
web/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 667) Could not load class: modmore\GoogleDriveMediaSource\Model\GoogleDriveMediaSource from mysql.modmore\googledrivemediasource\model\googledrivemediasource

I am using modx 3.0.4 with PHP 8.2.15
It seems that some code still has to be removed; any help is welcome.

You could try checking under Elements / Plugins for any plugins relating to GoogleDriveMediaSource - disable any that you find and see if that helps.

I’m guessing it’s probably still in the extension_packages system setting?

1 Like

Hello Mark, in extension_packages I find guzzle7 ; can I remove this?

That might be in use by other packages.

Thamks Dejaya and Mark,
I’ve de-activated the plugin Google Drive Media Source; now there is the message in the error log:
/web/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 667) Could not load class: modmore\GoogleDriveMediaSource\Model\GoogleDriveMediaSource from mysql.modmore\googledrivemediasource\model\googledrivemediasource

That looks like the same error as before.

@markh will know better than me - but I don’t think the uninstall process should have left the GDMS plugin behind.

Perhaps it has left something else behind that still references the class - although I’m not sure what that would be.

It might be worth reinstalling then uninstalling the extra again - taking a copy of the uninstall log as you go.

Look in the modx_namespaces table in the DB.

Removing googledrive from modx_namespaces and from mediasources in the database (I had removed the mediasource earlier from the dashboard, but this didn’t help) did the job. Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

It’s the namespace one that causes trouble because MODX 3 initializes all namespaces and loads their classes on every new session.

It’s odd that it didn’t get removed on uninstall. That’s pretty much automatic, unless the extra developer creates it in a resolver and forgets to remove it in the uninstall section of the same resolver.

That’s good to know Bob, thanks :+1:

It sounds like the OP’s uninstall of the extra maybe just didn’t go as expected. I’ve tested it since and it seems to uninstall all the elements OK.