GoogleAnalytics extra: advice needed to get working

Hi,
Anyone got the Google Analytics extra from Sterc working?
I’m sure i did on one site but i’m going round in circles at the moment.

1. First we need to create Google Analytics API credentials to be able to get data from Google Analytics.
  2. Navigate to System Settings and search for “googleanalytics.client”. Enter your Google Analytics API Client ID and API Key.
  3. Click the “Authorize” button on the top right to get an authorization code.
  4. Click the “Settings” button and select your profile.
  5. Add Analytics Widgets to your dashboard. There is a visitors and realtime widget available.

I finally found how to get the API key but there isn’t a googleanalytics.client setting so i pasted the API key into googleanalytics.client_id
I’'m now stuck on step 3 getting the Auth code.
I get a popup window error when clicking Get Authorize Code saying…

401. That’s an error.

Error: invalid_client

The OAuth client was not found.

Request Details

That’s all we know.

Anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks for any help

Janice

Two questions:

1. the link you provided in step one looks like it goes to an older version of the API. Have you tried enabling this newer one?

2. Have you tried contacting Gauke Pieter Sietzema for questions on Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn or through email? It looks like they are open to that.

Sadly, I have never tried this. It looks like a cool extra though.

1 Like

Thanks for that info.
I have now managed to get the authorise code but will try Sterc through your suggested channels for other questions.
I’m not sure if i need to fill in the System Settings for:
googleanalytics.account: {“account”:"",“property”:"",“profile”:""} ?

Thanks again

I’m guessing no, those seem like standard variables gotten from google

Seems profile would come from them, it might be possible to have unique property names…

Can I ask how you got the credentials sorted? I’m having difficulty. Did you have to configure your consent screen?