Getting "Uncaught Error: Class '\xPDO\Om\\xPDODriver' not found in .../xPDO/xPDO.php" on freshly downloaded install

Summary

I downloaded 3.0.1 and started a local installation on my Mac using XAMPP for PHP and MySQL. Things were fine until I reached the final stage, then I get the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class '\xPDO\Om\\xPDODriver' not found in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php:1899 Stack trace: #0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php(304): xPDO\xPDO->getDriver() #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php(473): xPDO\xPDO->__construct(NULL, NULL, NULL, Array, Array) #2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php(177): modInstall->_connect(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array) #3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/setup/includes/test/modinstalltest.class.php(516): modInstall->getConnection() #4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/setup/includes/test/modinstalltest.class.php(53): modInstallTest->_checkDatabase() #5 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php(251): modInstallTest->run(NULL) #6 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/setup/control in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/home-site/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php on line 1899

Would anyone know what I should be doing?

Step to reproduce

Go through installation steps with 3.0.1 using XAMPP

Observed behavior

PHP error screen

Expected behavior

Usual MODX install

Environment

MODX 3.0.1, PHP 7.1.23

According to the download page the minimum required PHP version is 7.2.5.
Maybe try if it works with a newer version of XAMPP.

That error is also indicative of a corrupted config file (core/config/config.inc.php) - could certainly be that installing on 7.1 prevented that from being written correctly.

The setup should not have even allowed installation if it was running on anything < 7.2.5, according to the bootstrap code. :thinking:

Yes I saw that when I googled. It’s brand new file with nothing on it at this point.

Ended up deleting everything and starting again and it worked.

I guess a file become corrupted in extraction.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.