Are you looking for a new and exciting development challenge?
We’re looking to recruit an experienced, and highly self-motivated front-end developer to work from our Swindon office (when lockdown allows!), and/or remotely from within the UK.
Think you’re up to the challenge? Please read this next section carefully, as it’s not just some corporate puffery we’ve cut and paste - we have taken care to list the qualities we are looking for.
Communication and team work:
We’re a close-working team at GEL Studios, and good communication from start to finish - is key. You will not get handed a design and told to “go develop it“ - there is a detailed handover process where your input - matters.
Our clients are part of our team as well. We work with them to understand their needs and proactively engage with suggesting solutions and a different perspective on how to achieve their goals. They also commit to our work, so we can rely on their input and help in the project.
As an award-winning agency, we are not interested in supplying a bare-minimum service to our clients - we go above and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion not to supply the quickest or the cheapest - but the best. If you following scoping documents to the letter - without thinking about what could be done to push the boundaries - then chances are you’re not right for us - however, if you read between the lines, look towards the future, and want to continually improve yourself, then please, carry on!
An ideal candidate should have an exceptional, pixel perfect attention to detail, and double (triple!) checking all aspects of your work should come as second nature. Are there differences between the designs and your HTML? If things are even a pixel out of place, or not working as intended - our Creative Director will be sure to let you know! You should be passionate and proud to shout about the work you’re producing.
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to manage your own time and take responsibility for tasks/ projects
- A minimum of 4 years working in a multi-project environment,
- Be able to create clean, concise and compliant code,
- Good working knowledge of SASS / LESS / SCSS
- Good working knowledge of PHP, JS / JQuery,
- Working experience of Bootstrap/ Foundation or other responsive frameworks (Bulma, Tailwind, UI Kit),
- Experience in working with build scripts such as GULP,
- Experience of developing in at least one modern content management system,
- Some knowledge of servers and working with Linux command line
- A working knowledge of design software such as Photoshop or Illustrator,
- Working understanding of at least one CSS methodology - SMACSS, OOCSS, BEM
- Confident at communicating directly with clients,
- Experience in working with full-stack frameworks and OO programming,
- Good working knowledge of MySQL, NGINX / Apache,
- Champions improvement in the processes they work with,
- Working in a team, and being considerate in the code you make, and your fellow team mates supporting it.
Why work for GEL Studios?
Not all agencies are created equal - and we’re proud of that. We’ve got to where we are because of our passion for customer service, and above all else, being experts in our field. Because of this approach, we’re a three time AWWWard winner, and national winner of the DEA Web Development project of the year 2017.
No idea is a bad idea, and we welcome new and exciting ways of doing things. This is a role that can grow with you and your skill set, where every day is varied and fun. Keys points however are…
Room to grow.
This position has a competitive salary, and the room to grow in whatever direction it takes you. We highly encourage ongoing development - with lots of training potential.
Lots of holiday.
Unlimited holiday, yes, thats right - unlimited. We work hard, and we play even harder. We also operate flex time, so if you want to leave a few hours early one day, that’s fine!
A relaxed working environment will ensure that you have a great time when you’re at the office. Nerf guns and video games are the norm!
Planning for the future can be boring, but at least have the comfort in knowing that you can have an above average pension with lots of options, provided by AVIVA.