I know that the documentation for Fred 1.1 is not ready yet, but I found this on the changelog:
This file has been truncated.
Changelog for Fred
- If you have updated or started working on a page, Fred warns you before leaving without saving so you don’t accidentally lose your work (not that we ever needed that ourselves…).
- Toolbar and Sidebar Plugins allow for custom functionality when creating or editing content with Fred. To demonstrate the awesomeness of this, Collections now supports creating or updating pages with Fred-enabled templates directly with Fred from the front-end.
- Support for rendering Snippets to cache inside Fred Elements. This can be used, for example, to dynamically pull author information for a blog or other custom data source.
- The MODX event `onDocFormSave` is now triggered when Fred saves, so that MODX plugins can tap into this. We’re looking at you, VersionX…
- When creating a new page from Fred, you can specify a Blueprint to use. Further, each Fred-enabled Template can now have a default Blueprint associated with it so that making new content can be streamlined.
- A new Folder picker option setting is handy for things like simple galleries built from images on the file system.
- Themes now can include Media Sources to help keep things tidy.
- Documentation and an installer check for specific PHP extensions was added so people don't get frustrated when Fred mysteriously decided not to work.
## Updates & Improvements
- Updated styles to to make the overall UI more consistent with the upcoming MODX3 Manager.
- Dragging Elements now shrink to a smaller size to make them easier to work with.
- Updated build process to use the latest versions of Node and Gulp.
- Remove build files from the repo in favor of using Github releases.
- When pasting text from word processors and web browsers, a lot of messy markup sometimes tags along, making it hard to create clean content. Fred now forces text to be pasted as plain text to minimize tedious cleanup chores as much as possible.
Toolbar and Sidebar Plugins allow for custom functionality when creating or editing content with Fred. To demonstrate the awesomeness of this, Collections now supports creating or updating pages with Fred-enabled templates directly with Fred from the front-end.
Following this, I installed Collections, created a page as collection and assigned it my Fred enabled template. But nothing happened. So I am laying around without knowing what to do
I also would like to ask for your expertise with toolbar and sidebar plugin examples so I can try to understand the logic and adapt.
Thank you very much in advance for your help.