[Fred] 1.1.0 Beta 4 toolbar and sidebar plugins examples

Hi All,

I know that the documentation for Fred 1.1 is not ready yet, but I found this on the changelog:

• Toolbar and Sidebar Plugins allow for custom functionality when creating or editing content with Fred. To demonstrate the awesomeness of this, Collections now supports creating or updating pages with Fred-enabled templates directly with Fred from the front-end.

Following this, I installed Collections, created a page as collection and assigned it my Fred enabled template. But nothing happened. So I am laying around without knowing what to do :sweat_smile:

I also would like to ask for your expertise with toolbar and sidebar plugin examples so I can try to understand the logic and adapt.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

1 Like

Are you using the 1.1 beta release and or the latest commit?

I am using the 1.1.0 Beta 4 release without newer commits since then.

Hi All,

Sorry for insisting.
No clues? :sweat_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

No success as well with the new Fred 1.1.0 RC package published today

I haven’t really looked into that myself yet to really be able to comment on it. Maybe @rthrash or @theboxer can comment on this.

OK I figured out how to handle this.

So, here is what I did:

• Installed Latest Fred (1.1.0 RC currently) and respective dependencies;
  • Went to the Collections github page and downloaded 3.7.0 beta that has commits for Fred crossed functionality;
  • As soon as I created a new page and defined as collection, Collections button appeared on the Fred sidebar;

Then it is just manage the collections from there in a very simple way. And it works well.
I will need to check a bit further, but seems fine!

Regarding toolbar plugins, I still need to have a look and understand how to work with this new feature.

1 Like