Formalicious parent template outside the regular fields

In Formalicious, how does one re-template or alter the section of a form outside the regular form fields?

For example the output contains an <h2>Title</h2> field at the top of the form that I’d rather not have, and I’d like to change the class name of the submit button.

These aren’t things I’ve included in the Formalicous builder, so they must be getting inserted from another template somewhere.

There are the properties &tplForm and &tplStep that you can set when calling “FormaliciousRenderForm”:

[[!FormaliciousRenderForm?
    &tplForm=`myform`
    &tplStep=`mystep`
]]

The default templates are defined in these files:

(Don’t alter these files. Create a new chunk with your changes.)

1 Like

I was under the impression that you could add these parameters in the Formalicious form advanced settings and it would be included in the snippet call. But after adding something like this, they don’t seem to be included.

They do work when I put them straight into the call, so the template themselves are working.

These parameters are for the FormIt snippet. They get added to the placeholder
[[!+FormItParameters]].

[[!FormIt?
    [[!+FormItParameters]]
]]

In your case, you want to set properties for the FormaliciousRenderForm snippet. So this doesn’t work.

Also, don’t include &= for the key or back-ticks in the value when setting these parameters.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.