File folders do not open in File Manager

Good day. in the “file manager”, folders with files do not open, it just hangs if you try to open it, (see in screenshot) . Sometimes it still opens, but very rarely. What could be the problem?
Revolution 2.5.5!

Hi Alexandr,
Before next folder click please open web developer tools in your browser and examine what happen in Console and Network tabs when you’ll click. It will give you more helpful information (f.e. call may return 404 response or some additional permissions will be needed. or it just takes a long time to load … or maybe JS error in the console)

1 Like

thk for answer. I did as u sayd. Really, problem in access? But i am admin and why does it sometimes open the folder?

Good, you have something to fix))
Not sure why it opens from time to time but please permissions for files & folders, 200 response code have to be everywhere. This is the first!

1 Like

all folder permissions are 0755. Warning: if wait about 10sec and click - it work. If you click immediately when opening directories, it hangs. why?

There are several known and critical security issues resolved since 2.5.5 - as you’ve now published your site url indicating it is running a vulnerable I would urge you to update to 2.7.3 immediately.

As for the issue you describe - that it only happens after repeated clicks suggest it might be a server-level protection; a firewall (WAF) or ddos protection solution of sorts perhaps?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.