Fatal error after mistake in running upgrade

I clicked the “Upgrade to 3.0.0” link in my Manager without researching the server requirements. My PHP version was old and not supported – so I got an error. I switched to PHP 8.0, but I can’t get the manager to load.

I have no idea where to go from here. There is a TON of content I can’t abandon, so I have to find a way to do an upgrade install rather than a new install of 3.0.0. (Yeah, I know…it was STUPID to run the upgrade link without checking.)

The only thing I get is this error:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class “modManagerRequest” not found in /homepages/24/d265997699/htdocs/HastingsElksLodge/core/src/Revolution/modX.php:1514 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/24/d265997699/htdocs/HastingsElksLodge/manager/index.php(56): MODX\Revolution\modX->getRequest() #1 {main} thrown in /homepages/24/d265997699/htdocs/HastingsElksLodge/core/src/Revolution/modX.php on line 1514

Can you revert to a backup from yesterday perhaps? Most hosts offer this by default, and any that doesn’t is a good one to run from!

Reverting to a backup should be the quickest route to get your site back, then you can work on the actual MODX 3 upgrade at a later time when you’re not rushing. As a major upgrade, it’s enough work without the pressure of production being down :wink:

It sounds like you haven’t yet managed to run the setup in upgrade mode; that’s causing that error you’re seeing for the manager. When the upgrade has been run that should be sorted out.

What’s preventing you from running the upgrade now? Are you getting errors in the setup, is it saying it’s locked, or something else?

If it’s only offering the new install and not the upgrade, that could be an indication it can’t read your config file.