ExtraBuilder + MIGX CMP Walkthrough Video

Thank you. This Classname and Package name entries were the key for both working CMP and use of migxLoopCollection snippet. (Until now, after creating a simple table, I was using phpmyadmin for adding data and rowboat to display it lol) Now both works in my test environment (NGINX1.18.0, PHP7.4.33, ModX3.0.3 and migx 3.0.1-beta1 )

1 Like

Very nice tutorial @robcarey, thank you! :slight_smile:

Regarding “easy package building”, is there a similar easy way to make a package from the resources in a context, to be able to quickly make a “dummy content” package?

1 Like

Thanks @sebastian-marinescu ! I don’t have an answer to this myself, but I would also love some insights into this. So far I am using variations of the workflow in my video for developing full complex systems for live sites in the safety of staging sites. Quite often there are resources I would love to also include in the package when I get to the point of “pushing it live”

If you find the answer to this elsewhere, please report back here!

1 Like

I didn’t find the definitive answer yet, but the last years, I’ve been using Gitify to push resources and other things around environments. It’s convenient, after you get used to resolving the ID-conflicts manually :wink: Also there is “teleport” that does something similar, and I think the MODX-cloud is using it for pushing between environments.

When I find a nice answer on how to easily package dummy-content up, I’ll let you know :+1:t4:

1 Like