Experienced modx developer required - existing website

Job Title: MODX Website Developer

Company: Light Forms - Lighting Manufacturer

Job Type: Contract

About Us:

Light Forms is a leading lighting manufacturer dedicated to producing innovative and high-quality lighting solutions. We take pride in our commitment to excellence in design and functionality. Our website serves as a critical platform for showcasing our extensive lighting product range and providing a seamless and accessible experience to our customers.

Job Description:

We are seeking an experienced MODX Website Developer to join our team and play a crucial role in the development and enhancement of our website. Our website is integral to our business, featuring custom features such as a product configurator and hosting a substantial amount of product data. The successful candidate will work closely with our UX designer and other team members to ensure a user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing, and responsive experience for our customers.

Key Responsibilities:

Collaborate with the UX designer to implement design guidance and enhance the user experience.

Assess the existing website and determine whether it requires rebuilding from scratch or can be improved upon.

Develop, test, and maintain MODX-based website components, modules, and plugins.

Implement and customise the product configurator and ensure smooth operation.

Manage and optimise large datasets for lighting product listings, configurations, and data sheets.

Develop a microsite for a separate lighting product offering, ensuring seamless integration with the main website.

Enable efficient management of the microsite, including the ability to add or remove lighting products based on stock availability.

Implement an e-commerce-like functionality on the microsite for quick quote requests.

Generate and manage data files, including data sheets and unique data files for customised lighting solutions.

Ensure the website is fully responsive to provide an optimal user experience across various devices and screen sizes.

Requirements:

Proven experience in MODX website development.

Strong proficiency in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP.

Familiarity with database management and optimisation.

Ability to interpret and work with existing code and databases.

Experience in creating and optimising custom features, such as lighting product configurators.

Knowledge of responsive web design principles.

Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.

Ability to work collaboratively within a team.

Strong communication skills to effectively convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.

Preferred Qualifications:

Previous experience in e-commerce website development.

Familiarity with SEO best practices.

Experience with version control systems.

Knowledge of web security best practices.

Prior experience in integrating and customising third-party APIs.

1 Like

Hello,

I run Any Screen Size B.V. a web agency specialized in providing digital solutions using MODX.

Think we could be a very nice fit for your project. Have over 12 years experience in working with MODX and have designed & developed several complicated sites and e-commerce platforms.
Can we plan a call to have a chat?

Sincerely,

Menno Pietersen.
info@anyscreensize.com

Hi,
If you are still on the lookout to hire someone, I would be glad to help you out as what you are wanting done is within my skillset
You can reach out to me on my email here
Colin