Error message when moving Modx

HI, I’m trying to move my site to a new server, and have made changes to the config files and database connections.
When running the setup everything is green when checked and I click next, I am seeing the following error:
Warning : array_merge(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php on line 341

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class ‘xPDODriver_’ not found in /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php:1885 Stack trace: #0 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php(342): xPDO->getDriver() #1 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php(452): xPDO->__construct(NULL, NULL, ‘’, Array, Array) #2 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php(156): modInstall->_connect(NULL, NULL, ‘’, NULL, Array) #3 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/runner/modinstallrunnerweb.class.php(30): modInstall->getConnection(0) #4 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/runner/modinstallrunner.class.php(40): modInstallRunnerWeb->execute(NULL) #5 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/controllers/install.php(32): modInstallRunner->run(NULL) #6 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/request/modinstallrequest.class.php(80): include(’/data01/c410669…’) #7 /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes in /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php on line 1885

On trying again I get this error:

Warning : require_once(/data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/drivers/modinstalldriver_{database_type}.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php on line 80

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/drivers/modinstalldriver_{database_type}.class.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear’) in /data01/c4106692/modx.forequizzes.co.uk/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php on line 80

How do I fix this?
What have I missed?

Thanks
TT

did you follow this instructions, exactly?
Migrating Your MODX Site | MODX

Double check your config and includes. Also empty cache folder etc.

Thanks @ilja-web Tried that without luck

@bruno17 Thanks for this, I had seen different instructions, and I am now trying these easier ones.
Thanks for this

Mate the most common problems are paths to system files.
What I recommend you to do is load your files backup into a code editor like “Visual Studio”, and run a search and replace on files, then replace all the paths for your new server from there, then upload all those files, same for database.
Cheers!

1 Like

@ysanmiguel Thanks for that, I am trying that now

Hi,

Weighing in that I had a similar fatal error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘/home1/[oursitefolder]/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php’ (include_path=‘.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php82/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home1/[oursitefolder]/public_html/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php:417 Stack trace: #0 /home1/[oursitefolder]/public_html/setup/controllers/login.php(24): modInstall->getManagerLoginUrl() #1 /home1/[oursitefolder]/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallrequest.class.php(81): include(‘/home1/[oursitefolder]…’) #2 /home1/[oursitefolder]/public_html/setup/index.php(30): modInstallRequest->handle() #3 {main} thrown in /home1/[oursitefolder]/public_html/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php on line 417

([oursitefolder] was the actual folder of our installation btw, I’m just using a placeholder here)
Everything is working, however. I removed Setup manually after attempting this twice and getting the same error.

I updated all config files and looked at the workspaces table in the db to check all paths, per this helpful article:
https://docs.modx.com/current/en/getting-started/maintenance/moving-your-site

Also removed cache files and cleared the cache and ended all sessions prior to the db move.

So not sure what the error is, outside of it mentioning pear?

Thanks,
Jen