Error 500 after moving from Subdomain to productive Domain (due a Plugin)

Hi,
we have build our new website on a subdomain. We startet wit MODX 2.8.3.

We use the extra “miniRTE” wich provides that a TV can have RichText.
Everything works fine.
https://modx.com/extras/package/minirte

After moving the site to our maindomain we got trouble inside the Manager.
Error 500 on some pages, if I klick to edit them.

I figured out, that deinstallation of miniRTE solves the Error 500 Problem.
But for us it is important to have that TV where a employee can edit and format Text.

Here are some lines of the error-log:

core/cache/mgr/smarty/default/8a7a1927675743cd39b9685c264e659baf6d8a64_0.file.minirte.render.tpl.php : 33) PHP warning: Undefined array key “value”
/core/cache/mgr/smarty/default/8a7a1927675743cd39b9685c264e659baf6d8a64_0.file.minirte.render.tpl.php : 35) PHP warning: Undefined array key “style”
/core/cache/mgr/smarty/default/8a7a1927675743cd39b9685c264e659baf6d8a64_0.file.minirte.render.tpl.php : 33) PHP warning: Undefined array key “value”
core/cache/mgr/smarty/default/8a7a1927675743cd39b9685c264e659baf6d8a64_0.file.minirte.render.tpl.php : 35) PHP warning: Undefined array key “style”
core/cache/mgr/smarty/default/8a7a1927675743cd39b9685c264e659baf6d8a64_0.file.minirte.render.tpl.php : 33) PHP warning: Undefined array key “value”

Do anyone have an Idea? Deletinge cache manually etc…all that is done
Upgrade to MODx 2.8.4 have not solved the problem.

Or is there another way to get a functionality that a TV can have a richText?

It is important to know that in our case we have “CodeMirror” as maineditor. Even for the Content-Field.
If i Install something like TinYMCE etc, the Content-Field will have this, But that is not what I want.
I want RichText only for the specific TV.

Hi @dragonstyleGG

Are both subdomain and main domain locations using the same version of PHP?

Hi dejaya,

that was my first tought too. At first the Live-Domain have PHP 7.4 and the DEV-Domain 8.0
So I switch to PHP 8 on the LIVE-Domain. But the problem is still there.

Can you check the PHP error log (outside of MODX) to see what the error message is?
Error 500 generaly don’t end up in the MODX error log.

I think the warnings from the MODX error log (Undefined array key "value"/"style") stem from the fact, that not every button in the Button-Configuration of the TV has these keys defined. Maybe try adding empty values for value/style to the buttons in the configuration to get rid of these warnings.

Hi,

I can’t get no errorlog for PHP. (provider do not give me that option)

Where can I edit this values?
The thing is: Even when I delete all that TVs, so the plugin is not in use the 500-Error came up.

If I deinstall that Plugin the Error is gone.

did you try to set the systemsetting ‘debug’ to 0 ?

Hi,
no I did not try this. I will give it a try.

So, for all of those who are interested on the solution of that Problem.

I did not work on this project for a few weeks. “So my mind can get a kind of refresh” :slight_smile:

I notices that I get 500-Error inside the Manager only when I click on specific pages (MODx-Documents) inside the Manager-tree.

This Pages has all a specific template. So I deleted that Template and everything works …
I created this template new, with the exact same code as before - and guess what: Everything works fine.

So, I did’nt know what exact the problem was. Maybe a funny invisible character ore something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.