Does Fred and the Creative One Page Theme work with MODx 3

I’ve never used Fred before so I figured I would test it along with the new MODx 3.

I installed MODx 3, then installed Fred and all the Fred extras before installing the Fred Creative One Page Theme.

Now I can’t figure out where to go next. The Fred documentation says to choose one of the Templates from the Theme and save the page, but there doesn’t seem to be any new templates besides the original BaseTemplate.

Are there supposed to be more?

I never tried to install Fred on MODX3, but the Fred Creative One Page Theme should (in principle) add a new template with the name “Fred (Creative One Page Theme)”.

I just setup a new 2.8.3 site and the template installs as expected. So there must be something with 3.0 that it doesn’t like.

MODX Extras | Fred 2.0.0-beta1 2.0.0-beta1 should work just fine in 3.x.

Well Fred v2.0.0-beta1 is what is installed, but the Fred Creative One Page Theme v1.0.3 pl doesn’t want to install the template.

The Chunks and Snippets from the theme are installed it looks like. The file system is missing the assets/themes/creative_one_page_theme folder.

The console returns this during the install process:

Console running...
Attempting to install package with signature: fred_creative_one_page_theme-1.0.3-pl
Package found...now preparing to install.
Grabbing package workspace...
Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...

Install allowed.

Could not load class: xPDOVehicle from xpdo.transport.xpdovehicle
Could not load class: xPDOFileVehicle from xpdo.transport.xpdofilevehicle
Could not load class: FredFileVehicle from fred.fredfilevehicle
Could not load class: xPDO\Transport\FredFileVehicle from xpdo\transport\fredfilevehicle
The specified xPDOVehicle class (xPDO\Transport\FredFileVehicle) could not be loaded.
Could not load class: FredTheme from fred.mysql.fredtheme
Could not load vehicle!
Skipping vehicle object of class modNamespace (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [name] => fred.theme.fred-creative-one-page-theme )
Skipping vehicle object of class modLexiconEntry (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [name] => setting_fred.theme.fred-creative-one-page-theme.theme_dir_desc )
Could not load class: FredElement from mysql.fredelement
FredElement::load() is not a valid static method.
Successfully installed package fred_creative_one_page_theme-1.0.3-pl

Got same, thought it was something funky with my server setup.

By the nature of transport packages, and the major differences in MODX 2 vs MODX 3 the packages aren’t installable between the two. The class name structure was completely changed for MODX 3, so that is where the issues are coming from. I can create a version of the One Page template for MODX 3 though.

hi Mat,
I’m facing the same issue, more than a year later.
Did you already create a modX3 compatible template-package?
TIA
Marc