Dependencies in Fred Theme

I have a theme built and it works perfectly. The only problem I have is with its dependencies. The installer’s Dependencies tab works for the Fred package, you can download and install directly from the tab.

Some of the other dependencies will download, but not all, and none of them allow installation from the tab.

I suspect that this has something to do with the “Extract Template” tab when building the theme, but I have no idea what it wants.

I’ve read the docs https://modxcms.github.io/fred/themer/cmp/theme_settings_and_resolvers/#extract-template but am none the wiser.

How do I find out the “name” and “class” of the package and the vehicle of the extras I want to include?

Ok, I see the “Creative One Page” theme does the same thing. That doesn’t help with the problem, but it makes me feel a lot better to know it’s not just me.

Not sure if it’s of any comfort but I’ve never managed to get around that either :woman_shrugging:

I’ve been reading your Fred related posts and I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one getting my teeth into it. It gives me hope some bugs will be ironed out and improvements made with your help :hugs:

I’m really fond of Fred, and so are my clients, and I would love to see him evolve :heart_eyes:

I’m working on a PDF tutorial on how to build this simple theme, with all of the tricks and goodies and gotchas I’ve learned. It’s about half-finished.

That’s awesome, I’ll definitely check it out :smiley: