Creating a new TV -- Fred Dropzone input type missing

I have installed Fred 2.0.1 on MODx 3.0.1-pl. I want to create a new Fred Dropzone TV as instructed in the Fred documentation in order to create multiple dropzones in my template. However, “Fred Dropzone” is not listed as an available Input Type under Input Options for the new TV.

According to the Fred documentation at MODX Templates for Fred - Fred, this Input Type is created when Fred is installed.

I have attempted reinstalling the Fred extra to no avail. I cannot find anyone reporting this issue, thus my post. Any thoughts on what I can do to achieve this functionality?

This is a bug in the Fred branch for MODX 3.

In these two lines in the Fred plugin, the variable $corePath is used but never set.

To fix it, add a line like this to the plugin code to set the variable:

$corePath = $modx->getOption('fred.core_path', null, $modx->getOption('core_path', null, MODX_CORE_PATH) . 'components/fred/');

And please open an issue on github, so that it will get fixed.

Btw: The current version of Fred doesn’t install correctly on MODX 3. (Custom events and permissions are missing). So, there may be other things that don’t work.

Thank you, halftrainedharry! Your fix worked well!

I will open an issue for it on github. Thanks for the heads up that other things may not work either. I will look to report other issues I find on github.

Thanks again!