Copy/Pasting file links using Redactor 3.1.6 added manager URL to path

Summary

When copy/pasting a link to a file in a Redactor richtext the pasted link gains the full Manager URL, ie: /files/myfile.pdf becomes https://mysite.com/manager/files/myfile.pdf. This has been confirmed in Chrome and Firefox, however, it doesn’t happen in Safari.

Link path before copy:
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 10.37.07 AM

Link path after paste:
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 10.37.33 AM

This huge flaw in the system isn’t on anyone’s radar?

1 Like

Maybe @markh might know something about this?

I have seen the manager url getting added to resource links ([[~123]]) because the browser doesn’t understand that will get parsed to a regular link and then it decides to randomly put the manager URL in front of it, but for absolute file links (starting with a /) I don’t think I’ve seen it do it.

Also I’ve not seen it add the entire URL like that either - usually it’s just the manager path. So that’s interesting.

If you can drop an email to support@modmore.com (the MODX forum does not count as a support resource for our premium extras) I’ll see if we can get that fixed.

From what I recall looking at this before, it is the browser adding it and we can’t avoid it getting added when pasting, but we may be able to filter it out before it gets saved. That is, if we can somehow distinguish between this issue and someone actually trying to link to the manager…

1 Like