Control TinyMCE Editor size on screen

How do I control the size of the TinyMCE RTE when editing content on a resource? The editor gets so big the toolbar scrolls of the top of the page.

I looked in the system settings for TinyMCE RTE but did not find one to control the size.

Editor extends off the screen:

Toolbar is not displaying with long documents:

You can fill {max_height: 500} into tinymcerte.settings or add that option inside an existing JSON array in that setting.

1 Like

I entered {max_height: 500} into tinymcerte.settings. but that did not control the size. But luckily the tinymce docs for max_height was on the same page for the autoresize plugin. I removed autoresize from the plugin list and the issue was resolved.

@jako , thanks for putting me on the correct path to the solution.

Roy

Then the value is not right. The autoresize plugin is added automatically. A max_height default will be added in the next version.

@jako thanks. I appreciate everything you do for the MODX community.

Roy

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot to quote the key. It should be: {"max_height":500}

The autoresize plugin is necessary for ContentBlocks. See Lacking a reasonable height in (narrow) ContentBlocks layout · Issue #116 · modxcms/tinymce-rte · GitHub

Yes, that did the job.

Again thanks for your assistance.

Roy

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.