Cannot access Resources in Manager - get 500 error

Summary

After attempting to install SEO Suite (it failed) I can no longer access Resources - I get a 500 error.

Step to reproduce

Install SEO Suite.

Attempt to edit a resource

Observed behavior

• Could not install SEO Suite. After clicking Install the Consol appeared but did not resolve or complete in the install
  • Cannot access Resource pages to edit - get 500 error
  • Can access and edit Elements fine
  • Front end of site appears fine
  • Problem persists after removing SEO Suite via Package Manager (no option to uninstall as it still thinks it isn’t installed)
  • Can create new Resource and can see SEO Suite fields when doing so, but cannot save.s

Suspect SEO Suite partially installed, breaking things.

Suspect issue is because of older version of MODX (don’t have FTP access to this site so cannot update/backup).

Environment

MODX 2.5.7

See if you can see any plugins related to SEO Suite. Disable any of them you find, then manually delete all files in the core/cache directory.

Once you get things working, upgrade MODX to version 2.8.4 either manually, or with the UpgradeMODX extra. The version you are using has security vulnerabilities.

Sorry for the late reply @bobray

I completed this and it worked, thought I also had to update my PHP version.

Many thanks

I’m glad you got it sorted. :slight_smile: Thanks for reporting back.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.